Director Marketing, VOXZOGOLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This role is a critical role to the advancement of the ongoing launch of VOXZOGO for achondroplasia with the intent of maximizing market and lifecycle opportunities, including new devices, indications, and formulations. This individual will have a history of highly effective brand management, with the ability to guide decision making, build trust, and align teams and perspectives.
Reporting to the VOXZOGO Global Commercial Lead, the VOXZOGO Marketing Director, will lead key strategic initiatives to support the global growth and ongoing commercialization of VOXZOGO. S/he will lead value creating workstreams, working across regions and developing strong partnerships with our key strategic markets, market access, medical affairs, technical operations and supply chain, regulatory and worldwide Research and Development. This position is a critical brand role on both the Integrated Brand Team and Core Team. This role will have a high degree of visibility across commercial leadership, local and regional partners, and functional leadership outside of commercial.
- Support development of the Integrated Brand Strategy for VOXZOGO for Achondroplasia, including lifecycle initiatives to grow patient population and improve patient compliance
- Deliver & ensure consistent branding, positioning, and messaging platforms across markets
- Partner closely with Medical Affairs and Market Access to align evidence generation strategy and priorities
- digital strategy and internal capabilities that improve customer reach and influence in the marketplace
- Develop, track, and monitor impact of key brand performance metrics
- Support development of lifecycle strategy to expand patient population and reach
- , Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Value and Access, Product Portfolio Development, Strategic Markets and Regions
- Active contributor and member of Integrated Brand Team and Product Core Team
- BA/BS in Business or Life Sciences (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years of professional marketing experience in biotechnology or pharmaceuticals
- Track record of in-country (ideally across major markets), regional and global marketing roles
- Working knowledge and understanding of multiple major pharmaceutical markets
- Experience planning and executing launch products and developing lifecycle management plans/providing commercial input to clinical development
- Success interacting at all levels of a matrix organizations cross-functionally and cross-geography
- Strong sense of accountability and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic and high-pressure environment, flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Self-starter who demonstrates energy and enthusiasm, bringing a positive solution-oriented approach to challenges
- A passion for improving patient and business outcomes
- Ability to travel 25% of time (domestic and international)
- Experience in market access and sales a plus
- Rare disease experience a plus, but not necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 186,200 to $ 279,400 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.