Sr. Account Manager, Skeletal Dysplasia, Ohio
Workstyle :Field Based
We are actively recruiting Senior Account Managers for opportunities within BioMarin’s Hemophilia (Gene Therapy) and Skeletal Dysplasia divisions. If you have experience: selling/launching products in Rare Disease with a documented track record of success, Strategic Account Management, working with sophisticated molecules in a complex reimbursement landscape, working with multiple stakeholders to identify and treat patients, than please looks into this opportunity further. BioMarin is known as a true Rare Disease company who develops first in class, only in class molecules that are incredibly meaningful to patients and their families. If you thrive on being part of a small, nimble, patient centric, entrepreneurial minded culture where you can bring value and be valued every single day, than consider applying. Successful Senior Account Managers at BioMarin, go above and beyond to serve patients and their families, work collaboratively across matrix teams by frequently communicating, sharing ideas and solutions across the organization, actively participate in their community to do more for patients in need, rely on sound business planning, prioritization, multitasking, attention to detail, outstanding communication skills to pull through opportunities in their market. Above all else, successful Senior Account Managers at BioMarin, have a positive growth mindset that fosters excitement, innovation, problem solving, inspiration in others to do all we can to make the position as rewarding and fulfilling as it can be. View all Hemophilia Account Manager Jobs / View all Skeletal Account Manager Jobs
Mid to Sr Level
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Patient Focused
- Results Oriented
- Pioneering Science
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Willing to try new ways to look at problems
Health & Wellness Programs
Maternity & Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Life & Disability Insurance
Awards & Recognition
"We’ve got to understand: What are the problems other people are trying to solve? And do we have a better way of fundamentally doing that?"Brinda B, GVP, Corporate and Business Development
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position requires performance driven individuals with strategic problem- solving skills, high business acumen that can work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have sales experience in pediatric endocrinology clinics and/or comparable experience in rare disease. Experience launching a first in class therapy and building new therapeutic markets desired.
The Account Manager must maintain a high level of knowledge within the disease states, product labeling. The primary call target is pediatric endocrinology, pediatric orthopedics, and genetics located both in Institutions and office-based setting. Targeted pediatricians with ACH patients will also be key call points in filling the funnel.
Activities include disease state and product education to referring HCPs, office readiness for patient starting therapy as well as coordination of multiple departments/stakeholders and BioMarin's field based clinical support team. Skills required include account management, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving. Individuals must be flexible, and adaptable with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a commercial start-up. Must be goal oriented and accountable for their individual performance, while acting in a professional and compliant manner. Cold calling on all targeted specialties is a requirement.
The Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Achieving area sales objectives, market penetration, new patient starts, and revenue targets on a quarterly & annual basis
- Driving demand through clinical selling and education to referring and treating health care providers focusing on achondroplasia and MPS. This includes cold calling on key accounts as needed for access.
- Implementing an effective business plan to guide strategy, tactics and track progress
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders including Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Orthopedics, Genetics, and key referring physicians that could include Pediatrics
- Actively participating in disease awareness efforts and burden/natural history of disease through professional society meetings (local, state, regional), as assigned.
- Working with other members of the Skeletal Dysplasia brand team, and facilitating appropriate collaboration with other functions, such as MSLs, Market Access team, Compliance, and other internal stakeholders, as needed
- Becoming an expert in the clinical data and verbalizing its significance to all stakeholders
- Proactively providing business insights to internal partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts
- Acting in compliance within a highly regulated industry and consistent with training, policies, guidelines, and their own best judgment while adhering to all company policies assigned to the Account Manager position
- Ability to work with ambiguity and remain agile as organization needs evolve
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends, as needed, for educational events (both in person and virtual)
- Depending on geography, must have the ability to manage a multi-state territory with diverse customer base
- Overnight travel is required and will range from 40%- 60% depending on the geography and business needs of the individual territory
- Advanced virtual skillset required to balance travel demands with opportunities to meet healthcare providers and/or caregivers virtually.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5 years of sales experience in biotech/rare disease involving specialty products that are technically challenging and first in class
- Experience with office-based selling in complex model of referral health care providers to prescriber health care providers in newly created market
- Experience working in a field team model with field based clinical support and reimbursement hub model
- Pediatric Endocrinology and/or Pediatric Orthopedics strongly preferred
- Experience in new product launches and preferably with first in class product
- Experience in a role that works directly with patients/families.
- Experience and committed to long sales cycle to ensure medical home is created
The territory will include: Ohio
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a remote position.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 140,000 to $ 210,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Meet Our Team
From internationally renowned scientists to patient advocates, BioMarin Hemophilia has brought together the right people.Read More
In the News
BioMarin has entered into a preclinical collaboration and license agreement with DiNAQOR, a gene therapy platform company, to develop novel gene therapies to treat rare genetic cardiomyopathies.Learn More