Associate Director - Patient Marketing, North America Hemophilia – Gene TherapyLocation San Rafael, California
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Associate Director, North America (NORAM) Hemophilia – Gene Therapy will be responsible for the development and execution of critical strategies and tactics that ensure optimal positioning, demand, utilization, and launch of BMN 270. BMN270 is an investigational gene therapy product for Hemophilia A and is currently in Phase 3 trials. This role requires tactical, operational, organizational, problem solving, communications, and project management skills. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. This professional is a disciplined risk-taker that embraces innovative approaches, and is comfortable in an entrepreneurial and growing commercial organization. This role will report to the Director, Patient Marketing.
- Lead discussion and core materials through the internal review and approval process
- Partner with the NORAM HCP team, Market Insights and Education team, and other internal stakeholders to develop cohesive and cross-functional plans to ensure a successful launch of BMN270
- Drive the development and execution of NORAM patient-focused plans including, but not limited to:
- Development and execution of all patient materials
- Patient Website development and maintenance
- Alongside the Director, support key patient tactics, including but not limited to ad boards, educational tactics, and promotional sponsorships
- Lead the NORAM Patient congress plan and presence
- Support the mapping of the BMN 270 patient journey, including the development of processes and tactics to guide patients through the journey
- Partner with Patient Advocacy to support BioMarin presence at patient advocacy chapter events
- Support the development of the strategic business plan and tactical plan
- Support and manage internal cross-functional groups as well as external vendors to insure integration and consistency of professional business strategies and regulatory compliance of materials
- Operate quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, demanding launch environment
- Travel ~35% to support above responsibilities
- 4+ years of professional marketing experience with 2+ years of pharmaceutical product marketing experience
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to interact with customers – patients and patient advocacy groups
- Pre-launch and/or launch experience
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting pharmaceutical products
- Hemophilia experience a plus
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including market research, advertising, digital, external and internal partners.
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences or business
- MBA preferred
This role is located in and managed from our San Rafael headquarters. The ability to telecommute 1-2 days per week is available once the ideal candidate is established in role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.