Associate Director Global Procurement Managed ServicesLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Hybrid Apply
Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
- Single point of accountability for performance of managed service provider
- Collaborate with the Chief Procurement Officer and other leadership to align operational strategies with overall GSP goals.
- Design, develop and execute strategies that enable a world class procurement managed services function.
- Design, develop and execute process, data and technology strategies.
- Develop standardized policies and processes for critical capabilities such as tactical sourcing, purchase order transactions, supplier master management, expense management support, help desk support.
- Develop a comprehensive set of procurement dashboards/ reports to measure performance of outsourced provider.
- Establish and implement governance structure.
- Manage continuous improvement initiatives such as data, process, and digital solutions.
- Responsible to drive procurement and end user compliance
- Responsible for developing excellent data and reporting capabilities.
- Establish overall, aligned annual goals and targets for GPMS Service Provider
- Represent the Procurement Managed Services in a leadership capacity across all levels of the company.
- Act as the subject matter expect on evolving procurement practices and standards that may be rapidly changing internally and externally.
- Promote customer centric mindset and enable capabilities to drive that mindset.
- Provide excellent leadership and be a strong partner for the GSP organization.
- Deep business transformation experience including integrated digital, data and process transformations.
- Deep world-class procurement experience including best practice governance (policies, procedures, tools, templates, data, compliance reporting), procurement processes, S2P technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes and regulations associated with the pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive experience in procurement and supply chain management in a global capacity, preferably within the pharmaceutical sector.
- Experience in vendor management and contract negotiation.
- Experience with procurement technology.
- Results-driven mindset and capabilities
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills with comfort working cross-functionally to gather information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with leaders across the Global Sourcing and Procurement organization and stakeholders across BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Motivated, high-energy, curious, self-starter and strong business mindset
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain Management or related field. MBA or post-graduate qualifications in a related field would be an advantage.
Area of Specialization: Procurement, Managed Services Implementation, Supply Chain. Extensive experience in procurement and supply chain management in a global capacity, preferably within the pharmaceutical sector.
- 10+ years of operational Procurement experience
- Demonstrated experience leading Managed Services organizations.
- Knowledge of Procurement tools such as sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier review, supplier development and others; specific expertise with Ariba and SAP preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing categories, particularly category strategy development and implementation, stakeholder management and supplier relationship management.
- In-depth understanding of external environment and supplier relationship models
- Strong knowledge of finance (cost benchmark, financial audit with key suppliers) and legal matters (contracting)
- Clear understanding of business value, business priorities, and potential implementation risks
- Significant experience working in a matrix (global/ regional) business environment.
- Strong networking skills and a proven ability to build productive and collaborative relationships with stakeholders and business partners.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks across multiple projects using project management skills.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communications, and influencing skills.
- Ability to work in high pressure environment, often under tight deadlines.
- Periodic travel will be required to Supplier remote locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 140,900 to $ 211,300 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.