Senior Associate, Manufacturing - Purification (Day Shift)Location Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Under direction of the Supervisor, the Senior Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for job functions that support activities for commercial manufacturing. The Senior Manufacturing Associate is responsible for managing raw material inventory, operating process equipment while supporting daily downstream operations and ensuring compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations (cGMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), product licenses, corporate policies and safety practices. The position will require working weekends, off hours and holidays.
- Operate large scale bioprocess equipment for Purification operations
- Perform all aspects of processing with a broad understanding of science, compliance and technical aspect
- Display competency with process equipment and automated control systems
- Perform cleaning and sterilization of parts and equipment used with manufacturing process
- Knowledge of biotech manufacturing process and equipment including depth and tangential flow filtration, column chromatography, protein purification and formulation operations.
- Ability to understand, apply, and evaluate basic chemistry, biology and scientific principles as appropriate for the position
- Proficiency with compliance; adherence to standard operating procedures, batch record, good documentation practices and data capturing
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in science related area or engineering with 2 years of experience in a biotech manufacturing environment or other regulated industry
- Associate’s degree in science related area or Biotech certificate with 4 years of experience in a biotech manufacturing environment or other regulated industry
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Consists of strenuous, repetitive work. The following list of physical movements maybe used on a daily basis: bending, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders, kneeling and making numerous equipment connections using hands.
- Independently have the ability to regularly lift, dispense, push and/or pull items with an average weight of 25 pounds.
- May require work around loud equipment.
- The use of personal protective equipment will be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.