Senior Revenue Accountant - REMOTE
Location United States, RemoteApply
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. is a world leader in developing therapies to treat rare genetic diseases, and after over two decades,BioMarin’s extensive research and development efforts continue to expand the boundaries of medicine. Guided by its commitment to the rare disease community, the Company seeks to rapidly develop first-in-class or best-in-class therapies that will make a meaningful difference to small patient populations. BioMarin has several commercialized products and multiple clinical and pre-clinical product candidates in its pipeline. The Company’s clinical success on behalf of its rare disease patients has produced robust revenue growth from BioMarin’s existing products. BioMarin Finance is growing rapidly with the overall Company and is developing into a cutting-edge global finance organization. It has operations in over 40 countries that drive significant global accounting and finance complexity. The Company has ambitious growth plans and has an enthusiastic global finance team that is eager to deliver a world-class accounting and finance function to BioMarin and its stakeholders. BioMarin trades on the Nasdaq under ticker BMRN and is headquartered in San Rafael.
JOB TITLE: Senior Revenue Accountant, North America Controllership
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager Revenue, North America Controllership
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the North America Controllership team who manage the overall accounting for the North America Region. Strong demand and revenue growth across BioMarin’s commercialized products delivered global revenue of $988M for year to date June ’21. This role is responsible for revenue recognition for several of these commercialized products under ASC 606 including gross-to-net deductions, revenue accruals, commissions, rebates and contract reviews. The role will collaborate closely with Commercial Operations, Supply Chain, Order-to-Cash and other cross functional teams in an advisory role as it relates to revenue recognition.
- Monthly and quarterly close deliverables related to revenue recognition under ASC606, including identification of adjustments, preparing journal entries, and reconciling various accounts (commissions accruals, dispensing fees, reserves, gross-to-net and other)
- Preparation of monthly sales registers, variance analysis and ad-hoc analysis for the revenue related areas.
- Preparation of revenue related disclosures to support the SEC filings
- Ensure compliance with internal control (SOX 404) for revenue areasincluding ability to highlight risks and improvements to support evolving accounting environment.
- Review of contracts and communicating conclusions to business partners.
- Participate in roll-out and training of Corporate Policies
- Collaborate with Commercial Teams on key strategic areas, including pricing dynamics, contract reviews, revenue policy guidance and decision-making support.
- Partnering with Technical Accounting for unusual and/or significant revenue contracts
- Participate in process transformation and efficiencies to include identifying areas for streamlining and improvements to include global alignment with other regions.
- Assist with preparation for annual audits and quarterly reviews, including interaction with external and internal auditors.
- Participate in Cross Functional Projects including ‘Order to Cash improvement’ initiatives.
- The successful candidate will have experience of accounting for revenue recognition under ASC606 in a Pharma/Biotech firm.
- Experience of gross-to-net government deductions for example Medicaid, PHS (340B entities), Tricare etc. would be a distinct advantage
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to influence business partners.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced public traded company with strict close deadlines.
- Ability to operationalize global policies and apply technical accounting to contract reviews and the day to day accounting.
- A mixture of public and industry experience would be an advantage.
- Advanced experience with Excel,ERP system experience.
CPA and BA in Business or related subject
Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated
Remote based position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.