Intern - Packaging DevelopmentLocation Apply
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
As part of the TOPS CMO Organization the Packaging Development group is responsible for design, development and qualification of packing materials and packing processes for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those packs through to commercial product supply.
The core function of this internship will be to carry out a gap analysis of Packaging Development’s validations documentation. A recent audit of shipping and packaging qualification documents identified gaps in legacy qualification documents versus industry best practice. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing exiting documentation in BioMarin’s document management system, coordinating and supporting the review process, cataloging gaps versus the required standards (which will be provided) and performing identified document updates.
• GMP and Good Documentation Practices (GDP) understanding.
• Technical report writing
• Ability to multi-task and manage timelines
• Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to find, communicate, and implement ways to continuously improve processes.
• Highly developed organizational and project management and influencing skills.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills and judgment.
• Effective decision making skills – ability to negotiate and balance decisions and priorities across needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Demonstrated initiative; results oriented, initiative to institute change.
• Understands ISO and ASTM packaging test protocols.
• Understanding of packaging manufacturing processes
• Engineering, Quality or Science Degree – Junior or Senior Year.
• Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
• Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
• Able to work remotely within United States borders.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
• Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
• Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
• Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
• Develop skills specific to your major.
• Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
• Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are passionate about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.