Intern, Global Program ManagementLocation Apply
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
GPM is part of the Portfolio Project Management (PPD) organization at BioMarin. PPD oversees the portfolio governance process and provides strategic portfolio best practices to optimize achievement of corporate goals. Portfolio Project Management is responsible for supporting corporate strategy by delivering timely, meaningful and insightful reporting and analysis on the development and product portfolio via established tools and processes. During the course of this internship the intern will gain valuable insight into governance processes, and in addition to the PPD group, will have the opportunity to interact with clinical, regulatory, medical affairs, commercial, compliance and quality control groups across the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing guidance documents
- Budget Analytics
- Resource modeling
- Conduct a stakeholder survey and develop recommendations
- Innovative and critical thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (i.e. ability to communicate brief but deep).
- Advanced financial analytical skills
- Able to synthesize information gathered into concise summaries and presentations
- Excels at working collaboratively with others
- Minimum junior or senior undergraduate in biomedical science, business school graduate student with biological sciences-related undergraduate major
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.