Intern, Global Medical Affairs, Operations System and AnalyticsLocation Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The overall purpose of BioMarin Global Medical Affairs is to drive BioMarin’s scientific strategies, through strategic medical plans and programs, to enhance patients’ lives through appropriate evidence-based use of our medicines in order optimize patient health outcomes in real-world integrated clinical care.
The Medical Affair Operations summer intern will work as part of a team focused on managing systems, tools and data. This is in support of core capabilities: medical insight collection, evidence generation and scientific communication. Key activities will focus on data categorization, documentation, automation of workflows, and generating structured data collection tool. Specific subprojects can be tailored to meet the applicant’s specific skills and interests.
- Using modern formula or query language (DAX, SQL)
- Intermediate analyzing tabular data (e.g. excel, SQL, access)
- Building and maintaining databases
- Strong and organizational and communication skills
- Intermediate to advance level in MS Excel required; Experience with tools and programming languages like Tableau, Hive, Oracle, R, Python, PowerBI and many other internal tools preferred
- Intermediate working with SharePoint and SharePoint list and Microsoft Power Suites (Power APP, PowerBI, Power Automate)
- Foundational level in web design/development, data presentation, or dashboarding
- Foundational level in CRM system (e.g. Salesforce.com)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in Statistics, Data Sciences, or a related field
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States borders.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are passionate about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.