Intern - Global Brand Management, Customer Insights and Analytics - MS or PhDLocation Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The Global Brand Management Group is inspired by a hemophilia community and driven to deliver on the ingenuity of gene therapy clinical research and exploration.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
Global Brand Management is looking for a person who has the intention to develop their career in omnichannel marketing with a passion for Data and Analytics. We want data to drive our brands and improve customer engagement to maximize value for our products. The Customer Insights and Advanced analytics intern would help translate data and KPIs of omnichannel campaigns into relevant business results. The main deliverable would be turning data into actionable insights and a dashboard for a brand with a plan towards improvement in customer engagement.
This individual must have demonstrated strategic, operational, organizational, and problem solving skills as well as be an effective communicator. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. Must be creative and adaptable self-starter, and comfortable in a growing commercial organization.
Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Develop dashboard in power BI to show information collected from a field enablement tool.
- Align and coordinate input from functions on proposed dashboard
- Pull through findings to actionable insights for the brands
- Strong strategic thinker who can break-down complicated problems to actionable next steps
- Ability to work with ambiguous data and provide a quantitative framework to digest data
- Communicate effectively with team members, and the broader organization
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Strong project management
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; paired with strong partnering and performance consulting skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Mastery of PowerPoint
Our preferred graduate has the following qualifications
- A masters and/or PhD in Mathematics, Statistic or Business, Marketing.
- Knowledge in advanced analytics
- Experience in pulling together a wide range of insights and analytics to improve performance of marketing campaigns.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States borders.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.