Intern - Corporate ComplianceLocation Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The successful applicant will provide support to the Corporate Compliance team, which is part of the larger Global Compliance & Ethics department. The intern will have the opportunity to support several cross-functional compliance activities, including promotional review activities, data privacy program, transparency reporting, corporate policy and procedure drafting and enforcement, enterprise risk assessment, and internal training and monitoring. The Corporate Compliance team works in close coordination with colleagues throughout the organization. The intern will assist Corporate Compliance staff members with day-to-day activities, including legal research, drafting memoranda, presenting findings, and other departmental projects.
- Excellent writing and research skills (writing sample required);
- Proficiency with standard office technology and software, e.g. MS Office Suite, Outlook, etc.;
- Strong communication, collaboration, problem-solving and time-management skills; and
- Attention to detail; sense of humor; ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Skills the intern will gain: The intern will gain exposure to healthcare compliance law, including FDCA, FCPA, FCA, AKS, data-privacy laws, and the Sunshine Act, and will gain skills including memo and policy drafting, gap analysis, and working on projects and communications to further Corporate Compliance’s goal of ensuring BioMarin remains compliant with all applicable laws.
- B.A./B.S. required, 1L law students preferred, 2L considered.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States borders.
Benefits of a BioMarin internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major/concentration
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
At BioMarin, we are passionate about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.