Intern - Center of Excellence, WWRDLocation Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The Center of Excellence (COE) is part of the Worldwide Research & Development (WWRD) organization at BioMarin. COE provides three different types of support to WWRD: operational excellence, technology strategy and portfolio strategy. COE leverages a wide range of skills and expertise to execute business strategy consistently and reliably.
During the course of this internship, the intern will gain valuable insight into the importance of operational excellence and how it fits into an organization by interacting with portfolio managers, program/project managers and process improvement experts along with a wide range of cross-functional subject matter experts.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Define & document program & project management methodology Collaborate with COE personnel to define processes create process map and supporting documentation
- Develop proposal of standard/best case/worst case scenarios for our product timelines by analyzing current and past timelines
- Create & define process for creation/maintenance/storage of team charters and map of how those teams interact and provide supporting documentation
- Creation of intracompany webpage for our change management service offering providing an overview of the service, tools & templates, and other pertinent information
- Participate/shadow various program/project/workshop meetings
- Self-starter, innovative and critical thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to synthesize information gathered into concise summaries and presentations
- Excels at working collaboratively with others
- Interest in operational excellence
- Interest in project management/knowledge of project management methodologies
- MS Project
- O365/SharePoint/Power BI knowledge
- Minimum junior or senior undergraduate in business, engineering or science program
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.