Intern, Business AnalystLocation Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Business Analyst Intern
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. The 2021 internship will focus on business technology management and helping BioMarin with the decision making process for digital transformation within Technical Operations.
- Master data review and maintenance - as applied to our Warehouse data
- Execution of BI reports
- Provide basic support to users to define and document project requirements
- Pursuing BS/MS degree
- Strong analytical skills with acumen for accuracy and details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Self-motivate and bias for action
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year prior to the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
BENEFITS OF A BIOMARIN INTERNSHIP:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Learn about business processes across the Enterprise focusing at manufacturing, supply chain and quality
- Acquire knowledge of the use of Business Systems (ERP, BI) to facilitate processes and support business decision making
- Gain understanding of master and transactional data definitions and maintenance
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.