Intern, BiostatisticsLocation Apply
This summer intern in Biostatistics is a unique and excellent opportunity for graduate students to gain insights into an emerging popular area of clinical development, real world data/evidence (RWD/E), data science and related statistical aspects in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. This opportunity will also provide a full picture of the critical role and responsibility biostatisticians play in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
This summer intern will research on and subsequently apply the findings on topics such as innovative study design, indirect treatment comparisons, extrapolation of long term treatment effect/predictor modeling, integrated utilization of clinical and real world data/evidence (RWD/E) including but not limited to natural disease history (NH), retrospective medical chart review, and natural language processing (NLP).
- In-depth knowledge in statistical modeling, especially for event-based outcomes and time to event type of outcomes and mixed-effects model; excellent knowledge about propensity score methods and/or mediation analyses
- Proficient programming skills in SAS or R or Python for data analysis and simulations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge about epidemiology concept
- Solid experience in responder analysis/predictive modeling/extrapolation
- Good knowledge in data visualization tools/machine learning techniques
- Graduate students in 3rd year (or more) Ph.D. programs of Statistics/Biostatistics, Data Science, Epidemiology or related data science field.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year prior to the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.