Director, National Accounts, WestLocation United States Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Director, National Accounts West leads field operations for BioMarin’s Managed Markets initiatives in the United States. This executive manages corporate efforts to establish effective business relationships with key payer accounts. The Director also ensures effective communication and collaboration between National Account Managers, Specialty Pharmacy Providers, BioMarin RareConnections (RC), Sales, Sales Operations, Medical Affairs, and Marketing.
Excellent leadership, operational, organizational, problem solving, negotiation, communications, and project management skills are required. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. This professional is a disciplined risk-taker comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment with the resource constraints of a young commercial organization. This individual must be creative, flexible and adaptable to new and changing situations. The Director, National Accounts West must be goal-oriented, know how to set aggressive, but achievable targets, motivate cross-functional teams as well as business partners, and get things done.
- Must understand the organization's overall coverage strategy and objectives to execute account strategy for large national accounts.
- Expert knowledge of account management methods and strategies.
- Deep knowledge of BioMarin’s ultra-orphan businesses and strategies, as well as knowledge of the market, competitive environment, including critical business drivers of accounts.
- Broad knowledge of laws and regulations governing pharmaceutical industry, healthcare, and understanding of account/contract provisions.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and valuably with accounts, ensuring achievement of both short and long term goals.
- Experience with negotiating and executing a variety of contracts with payers, including market share agreements and value based contracts.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be a team leader, energizing individuals and teams to deliver to business objectives.
- Provides consistent direction and prioritization and helps the team understand how their efforts support and align with the goals of other teams and the organization. Sets high expectations for optimal individual effort from all team members and promptly addresses problems that will have an impact on company objectives.
- Understands and is able to integrate concepts, theories and principles of finance, sales, marketing, regulatory and pharmacoeconomics into long-term strategic and operational aspects of planning and decision making.
- Identifies new opportunities to bring incremental value to BioMarin that go beyond contracting and rebates.
- Valued as a market trend resource by senior leadership and commercial planning within BioMarin and establishes a peer relationship with customers and is viewed as a strategic partner
- Is forward thinking in approach and considers the effect of current action on future company outcomes. (Mentors others on how to approach process and solve complex business problems).
- Travel as necessary to oversee effective program operations
- Participate as necessary on brand, MSL, field sales, and other commercial teams
- 10 years of increasing experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry required with focus in Managed Care, sales, trade, operations, access and distribution
- Track record of success in sales or operational goals and building customer relationships
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Experienced problem solver, negotiator and collaborator in working with various accounts
- 60% Travel
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or science discipline
- MBA or advanced degree desired
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.