Associate Director, Field Reimbursement Manager (TEMPORARY)
Location United States, RemoteApply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Field Reimbursement Manager/Associate Director (West Region) will be responsible for the execution of the field reimbursement strategy for the client’s portfolio of commercialized therapies. The FRM will support patient access by partnering with all relevant internal teams, including Patient Access Services, National Accounts Sales, Marketing, Trade and Compliance and providing product access education to HCPs and their office staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute institutional and field reimbursement strategy for their responsible geography
- Identify and educate key clinic/institution stakeholders on the manufacture client patient support services/Hub, distribution model and payer requirements to gain access to the product
- Partner with the Sales Account Managers and Patient Support Services Hub to provide education in support of the reimbursement needs to support patient access.
- Act as a liaison between the client’s patient support services hub and the HCP clinic to educate providers on the patient support programs. This will include educating the staff at the institution or clinic that is responsible for managing reimbursement utilizing BioMarin resources including, but not limited to coverage authorization guides, Co-Pay assistance programs and other hub and patient support services.
- Provide live one-on-one educational support to HCP and/or office staff and address questions about coverage requirements, including education on the payers’ coverage authorization requirements and process
- Committed to acting ethically and in compliance within a highly regulated industry, consistent with training, policies, guidelines, and their own best judgment while adhering to all the client’s policies
- Educate HCPs, office staff, and institutions on how to work with the client’s patient support services hub, payer issues, policies/guidelines, trends, common reasons for PA delays, denials, and appeal processes
- Review escalated individual patient cases to identify and address any coverage barriers
- Travel ~25-50% to support above responsibilities, as needed
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of field reimbursement in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries
- Bachelor’s degree required (or mix of education/relevant experience)
- Proven track record of supporting HCPs and office staff in seeking access/reimbursement that required significant payer and reimbursement support
- Experience with both ‘buy and bill’ and Specialty Pharmacy distribution pathways for specialty oral and injectable medications
- Strong knowledge of the payer environment, including but not limited to: government and commercial payers, assignment of benefits, letter of agreements, accumulators, maximizers, manufacturer financial assistance
- Ability to professionally interact with customers – HCPs, office staff, institutions
- Solid knowledge of patient support programs including HUB programs, co-pay assistance programs, and nurse educator support
- Track record of effective collaboration in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Compliance with HIPAA regulations, OIG guidance, Advertising and Promotion requirements, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and applicable policies, best practices, and guidelines
- Strong planning and organization skills including OFFICE suite of productivity tools
- Rare Disease, Specialty, and Launch experience preferred
- Experience working within Salesforce.com
- Experience with REMS product(s)
- Experience with limited distribution product(s)
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to travel overnight
- Ability to schedule individual work-related travel (air, hotel, rental car as needed).
- Ability to utilize own car for travel.
- Technical knowledge of healthcare from a patient and provider perspective (miscellaneous codes, billing codes, appeals process)
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.