Sr. Specialist, Multi-Channel Customer EngagementLocation Tokyo, Japan Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Act as a company representative and lead digital remote detailing function at the national level to manage sales performance through effective tactical executions (combination of physical & virtual engagements).
- Responsible for sales target via multi-channel customer engagement activities.
- Collaborate with the field sales team to develop and execute effective multi-channel engagement strategies and tactics to improve diagnosis/treatment/adherence of target disease area through efficient and effective KPI tracking.
- Continue to assess effectiveness of digital interactions and engagement and drive improvements where needed.
- Work closely with regional and national Brand Management teams to develop local digital engagement plans including creating localized digital contents based on sales goals, sales and marketing plans, expectations and available resources to meet or exceed sales forecasts.
- Implement short and long-term digital customer engagement strategies in support of the national sales objectives and in line with the regional and national digital marketing strategies and plans.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key external stakeholders including: Pediatricians, Pediatric Orthopedists, Pediatric Endocrinologists, Pediatric Neurologists and Co-Medical staff (i.e., nurses, genetic counselors and ancillary staff).
- Provide product information and procedure expertise to physicians as appropriate in compliance with regulations.
- Communicate with customers in a sound, professional and scientific manner
- Fully comply with internal and external local regulations/policies/guidelines.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal partners and stakeholders (e.g., medical affairs, sales operations, etc.) to facilitate reaching business goals.
- Responsible to manage specific accounts at nationwide territory (physicians/nurses/pharmacists)
- Collaborate with sales team to provide supplemental coverage for target accounts/HCP across specified territories.
- Travel is limited with few exceptions (internal/external meeting, congress/seminars) and will range from 30%-40% and business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Certification of Medical Representative (MR)
- Certified pharmacist license preferred
- English comprehension skills (TOEIC score>600 or others) preferred
- 5 years of sales experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries
- 1 year of digital engagement experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries
- Sales experience within hospitals and academic institutions
- Experience in development and management of national/regional physicians network
- Driver’s license
- Experience in a “start up” environment or small organization/team
- Prior work with rare disease therapeutic area
- Experience in new product launches
- Leading and/or coordinating patients identification program
Area Director, Commercial (Sales & Marketing) team members, Medical (Medical Affairs & MSL) Team, Marketing Supervisor General, Safety manager, Quality manager, Supply Chain manager across geographic organizations (Local/Regional/Global).
- Health Care Provider (Physicians, Co-Medicals, Hp management team)
- Medical societies and congresses
- Wholesaler and distributors
- Local agencies (digital engagement, SFE, promotion, event managements)
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.