Systems Support and Contracts Coordinator, Development Sciences Business Operations
Location San Rafael, California
Associate, SystemsSupport and Contracts Coordinator, Development Sciences Business Operations
Department / CostCenter:
Reports to (Job Title):
Sr. Manager, Development Sciences Business Operations
San Rafael Campus, 781-3
August 2021 DRAFT
State the overall function or purpose of the job.
The Development Sciences Business Operations (Business Operations) group is the center of excellence for providing industry best practice operational support for the conduct of BioMarin’s global clinical trials, including clinical vendor and site contract management, strategic vendor oversight, and clinical financial spend analysis and management. The group utilizes rigorous processes, procedures, and tools to ensure financial discipline and transparency in clinical vendor and trial site spend, by managing the development, negotiation and execution of vendor and clinical site budgets and contracts, and managing the financial and resource projections across clinical projects and trials.
Key Responsibilities of Business Operations include:
- Aligning with Global Clinical Development on the clinical trial strategy in order to successfully contribute to trial execution;
- Portfolio and program-level vendor selection and contracting strategy, including negotiation of scope and budget for proposed vendor services in line with clinical trial assumptions, program drivers and milestones;
- Quantitative analysis of vendor bids and proposals;
- Drafting and negotiating vendor and clinical site contract and budget documents;
- Liaising with clinical development teams regarding all aspects of financial strategy and management;
- Supporting vendor contract management and performance oversight.
List the major responsibilities of the job.
- Serve as main point of contact for data entry into the various computer applications usedto manage documents, workflow trackers and processing contractswithin the department including but not limited to:
- BOARD (business intelligence software)
- DocuSign/DocuSignCLM (contract management system)
- Coupa (procurement system)
- MS SharePoint, MS Teams (document management system)
- Ensure timely, accurate and thorough data entry and tracking of contracts,from initial request to contract execution, into business systems and databases.
- Coordinate communication of contract assignments with internal stakeholders and help manage processing timelines and risksaccordingly.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders, regardingescalations and prioritization of urgent contracts, and communicate these to Legal and Finance.
- Manage follow-up of in-process contracts and facilitate approvals of contracts within the system in accordance with BioMarin policies and procedures.
- Help design, implement and maintainreporting and metrics to track contract status and process performance.
- Utilize business procurement systems to obtain purchase order, invoicing and payments details related to contracts
- Provide process training to internal and external stakeholdersregarding PO’s, invoices, etc., as needed
- Evaluate existing departmental processes within the remit of the role and lead process improvements
- Participate in team meetings and other forums, as appropriate
- Prepare professional and accurate communications regarding status updatesto internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Knowledge Manager for department content center and updates to the department webpage.
State both the minimum and the preferred educational attainment (or equivalent experience), and describe essential and desired subject matter, certifications, special training, etc.
- College degree or equivalent experience
·2 years of relevant working experience
State both the minimum and the preferred number of years of relevant experience, and describe the essential functions of the job.
- Strong computer and software skills, with emphasis on data entry and reporting.
- Vendor contracting experience preferred
- Experienced in the following applicationspreferred:
- MS SharePoint, Teams, Power BI
- BOARD (business intelligencesoftware)
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Proactive, detail oriented, highly organized, able to keep up with many changes and multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication, decision-making andproblem-solving skills
- Experience in project management, project planning and execution, or overall ownership and responsibility for delivering business reports.
- Strong inter-personal skills with ability to interact and manage expectations of diverse stakeholders; works effectively with all levels of employees.
- Experience isin a clinical outsourcing and/or legal environment preferred
List the key positions, internal and external, with which the job incumbent must interact.
Internal: DevSciBusiness Operations, Clinical Operations, Clinical Sciences, Pharmacovigilance, DevSci Quality,COE, Legal, Procurement, Finance, GCE Compliance, IM.
External: Vendor personnel, counterparts at partner companies.
Return to the top of the page
About our location