Sr. Supply Chain Security SpecialistLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Supply Chain Security Specialist will play a key role in BioMarin’s global security function which oversees programs to safeguard the company’s critical assets – our people, property, and product - worldwide.
This position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Operational Resilience with responsibility for leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of BioMarin’s global supply chain security strategy and associated risk management and compliance programs.
This position is based in BioMarin’s corporate headquarters located in San Rafael, California.
- Directly support the Senior Manager, Operational Resilience to assess and mitigate business continuity risks to the organization, including identifying gaps in the supply chain security program for BioMarin’s commercial and non-commercial products.
- Support the continuity of business operations and measure performance and drive continuous improvement for supply chain security programs. When required, deliver elements of the implementation of business continuity, personnel/incident response, and/or physical, technical and site security programs.
- Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders to drive compliance with policies and standards to help ensure consistent application of security practices across the organization.
- Supply Chain Security Program:
- Develop supply chain security strategies, priorities, policies, standards, procedures, and training that align with BioMarin business objectives and product risk factors; consistently and effectively apply these elements during planning, development, and execution of operations.
- Collaborate with critical business partners including but not limited to, Global Trade & Transport, Global Logistics, Commercial Operations, Contract Manufacturing, Regulatory, Legal, Market Access, and Global Supply Chain to mitigate risk across the supply chain; in conjunction with these stakeholders, manage CTPAT, AEO, ISO, TAPA and other voluntary supply chain security initiatives beneficial to BioMarin operations.
- Conduct or leverage third-party vendors to conduct supply chain security assessments, due diligence, intelligence gathering, threat monitoring, investigations, and/or auditing of suppliers, CMOs, 3PLs, and other supply chain partners.
- Monitor the supply chain risk environment to identify current and emerging threats, reporting supply chain program status, incidents, trends, emerging threats/risks, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for management briefings and presentations.
- Support Business Continuity/Crisis Management activities concerning supply chain security events.
- Brand Protection Function
- Develop and execute a risk assessment and response program for offers of illicit versions of BioMarin products.
- In conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, develop brand protection strategy, including, but not limiting to, a capability to monitor threats to and investigate counterfeit, diversion, or tampering of BioMarin products.
- Manage supply chain and brand protection emergency response operations and investigations, as needed.
- Subject matter expertise and demonstrated knowledge of supply chain security and brand protection best practices developed through 3-5 years of corporate security experience.
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain security program development on domestic and international levels.
- Demonstrated experience in working with cross functional teams to develop and deploy new programs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and conduct supply chain and brand protection investigations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization on supply chain security initiatives, projects, decisions, issues, trends, and key performance indicators.
- Subject matter expertise and demonstrated knowledge of supply chain security and brand protection best practices, preferably developed through 5-7 years of corporate security experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device industries.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all US security, import control regulation, and experience with North American and EU regulations external audits and customs authorities.
- Experience developing relationships with and interacting with CBP and other security regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is required. Professional certifications (e.g. APP, PSP, PMP) preferred.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders, including Global Trade & Transport, Global Logistics, Commercial Operations, Contract Manufacturing, Regulatory, Legal, Market Access, and Global Supply Chain.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly, move safely over uneven terrain, or in confined spaces, and willingness to work during extreme weather.
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly to sounds and detect and respond to dangerous situations.
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.