Sr. Manager, Pipeline Commercialization, AchondroplasiaLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Sr. Manager, Pipeline Commercialization, Achondroplasia
Location: San Rafael, CA
This key role within the BMN 111 (vosoritide) commercial team is focused on driving pre-launch preparations for an innovative first-to-market therapy for individuals with achondroplasia, currently being evaluated in a Phase-III clinical trial. The position spans many areas including strategy and market development, commercial planning, and the creation of core brand assets.
The ideal candidate will already have pharmaceutical marketing experience, including a strong understanding of, and respect for, the empowered community of patients, patient advocates and health care providers. This individual will identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborate with commercial and cross-functional teams and, drawing on previous launch experience, help develop and drive strategies to prepare for the successful launch of vosoritide.
The position will report to the Marketing Director for Achondroplasia. This group resides in Pipeline Commercialization at BioMarin, which is within Global Commercial Operations.
- Supports the development of the strategic business plan while responsible for the organization and synthesis of the tactical plan
- Proactively evaluates/assesses the relevant market landscape, monitoring changes in market dynamics, competition, clinician and patient practices and needs, as well as other related factors
- Work with internal and external cross-functional groups (Compliance, Regulatory, Development, Project Management, Medical Affairs and Market Planning) and external (Ad Agency, Market Research agency) to insure integration and consistency of professional business strategies and regulatory compliance of materials:
- Establish and gain internal alignment for the pathway of care for patients and associated champion of care
- Drive development, alignment and execution of educational tactics leading up to the launch of vosoritide
- Working with the PAG Director, support advocacy relations; including but not limited to ad boards and sponsorships
- Build and gain alignment for a social media strategy that seamlessly integrates with and is synergistic with the PA strategy.
- Lead the international congress plan and presence for BioMarin
- Lead KOL (Key Opinion Leaders) identification and align on regional and global engagement strategies
- Develop and manage the stakeholder message development and its evolution to launch
- Operate quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, demanding launch environment
- Position requires approximately 25% travel, including global travel
- 4+ years of pharmaceutical professional marketing experience including launch experience
- Must have strong communication, collaboration, presentation, interpersonal skills and have demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in bone related growth disorders
- Pre-launch and/or launch experience
- International experience
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including market research, advertising, digital, external and internal partners
- Ability to interact with customers – KOLs, patients and advocacy groups
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences or economics
- MBA, strongly preferred