Sr. Financial Analyst
Location San Rafael, California
BioMarin’s Finance Department is seeking an experienced and versatile Sr. Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis to collaborate with and support the financial planning and analysis efforts of the G&A organization. The candidate will be a key partner with FP&A Team, providing detailed monthly reporting and accounting/close support as well as ad hoc analysis for senior executive and board presentations.This role will execute all aspects of budget and forecast development, long range plan input, and consolidation, as well as support of key process improvement projects.In this fast-paced role, you will interact cost center managers throughout the organization to meet our deliverables.
Leadership Behaviors required:
- Results Oriented
- Strategic Thinker: Able to make recommendations and take a big picture approach while executing ongoing forecasting and reporting work across the G&A function
- Support Decision Making: Ability to support decisions through analysis and influence; must be flexible, quick-learner and adapt quickly to company’s rapid pace of growth and change
- Support quarterly forecast and annual budget/LRP processes by collecting, reviewing, and inputting headcount, capital, and operating expense data into Hyperion or other planning tools
- Consolidate planning inputs, and develop summary reports for review and validation
- Supportongoing and ad hoc business and operational analysis
- Be liaison between operational groups and Accounting team
- Support ongoing business process/accounting process improvements
- Collaborate with business partners to develop budgets, forecasts, and Long Range Plans
- 4+ years experience in Finance and Accounting
- Experience with Enterprise level Accounting and Planning software required; Essbase, Hyperion Planning strongly preferred
- Strong Excel skills required, including use of pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Pharma/BioTech Finance experience preferred
Bachelor’sdegree in Finance/Business/Economics or other relevant field
MBA preferred, but not required.
No Specialized equipment requirements for this position.
Position will interact with other Finance staff, with Accounting staff, and with cost center managers and staff in the Administrative areas including Legal, Compliance, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Management
No supervisory responsibility
Return to the top of the page
About our location