Senior Research Associate 1 or 2, Bioanalytics Neuroscience / Biology ResearchLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Senior Research Associate, Bioanalytics Neuroscience / Biology Research
BioMarin is expanding its research team and seeks a hands-on, committed and passionate, senior research associate to support Research & Development in generating therapeutics to treat neurological disorders. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. The associate will be working in R&D to help coordinate the development of analytical techniques and technologies to advance multiple early stage programs. Attention to detail, cooperativity towards advancing projects and agility are some of the qualities we are looking for to ensure fit with BioMarin’s goals and ideals in order to drive rapid success as we tackle serious diseases.
The senior research associate will assist in the formation and coordination of a neuroscience focused bioanalytical team that will integrate cross-functionally to assist with general assay development. The qualified candidate will have a background in synapse biology, molecular biology and proven track record in innovative cell and molecular analytical techniques geared towards the analysis of in vivo PK/PD and in vitro cell based studies. The role will require method development and validation, commitment to sample documentation and processing, plus be able to communicate and guide across functional areas. Flexibility with time management to be able to coordinate with availability and acquisition of tissue samples would be needed. The exceptional candidate will contribute independently to multi-project teams and influence study designs.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of relevant industry experience or Master’s degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience in industry
- Organized with exceptional writing skills and ability to analyze and communicate data objectively is essential.
- Demonstrate ability to keep up with emerging technologies.
- Must show prior management of preclinical sample analysis.
- Experience with preparing biological pre-clinical samples.
- Experience with developing bioassays for LC-MS analysis.
- Experience developing ddPCR, ELISA, and other molecular assays.
- Track record of collaborating and integrating with other functional experts and teams
- Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated
Successful candidate attributes:
- Prior work in drug development in the CNS a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of synapse biology or related field
- Comfortable in a dynamic, ambitious and hard-working environment
- Able to integrate and assist within varying cross-functional teams
- Meticulous with hands-on work and communication
Senior Research Associate 1 :
Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience
Senior Research Associate 2:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 6 years of relevant experience
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.