BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Sr. Project Manager, Tech Strategy, R&D Center of Excellence (COE) is a consulting role that will lead the execution of process improvement and technology projects, and will work closely with the other roles within the Center of Excellence. The Sr. PM will take on projects of significant complexity and strategic importance and be active in supporting junior COE team members in building a knowledge base of formal Process Improvement and assessment methodologies and tools.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Manage the full project lifecycle for R&D projects from initiation to closure using the Agile or SDLC methodology
- Build plans, schedules, resource demands, and ensuring adherence for business adoption, project scope, resourcing and funding; Manage all artifacts associated with the project lifecycle
- Handle multiple priorities in a fast paced ambiguous environment
- Manage project related tasks, maintain and track high quality integrated project plans and dashboards for reporting and decision making
- Work with multiple stakeholders to map requirements, lead business analysis and implement technical solutions
- Establish project metrics and communicate project progress
- Analyze and interpret metrics, financial data, and human resources data to provide business insights, charter new cross-functional initiatives, make data-driven process improvement decisions, and assess impact of completed improvements
- Assist with compiling reports, presentations and communications for internal stakeholders
- Manage agendas, minutes, logistics and preparation for meetings with stakeholders
- Collaborate, influence and negotiate to effectively operate in a matrixed organization; Ability to influence and manage both upwards and downwards
- Communicate effectively with steering committees consisting of senior level executives; know what and when to escalate and when to mitigate
- Hands-on experience with adoption of project management methodologies, creation of project business case, project budget management and financial processes
- Proactive risk and issue management; ability to mitigate and escalate effectively
- Ability to analyze and assess the technology landscape and industry standards for specific platforms
- Good ability to align delivery to organizational strategy and goals
- 8 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience in project management, with a focus on technology
- Good understanding of the Drug Development Lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual with good learning agility
- Strong facilitation skills
- Hands-on experience with MS Project, Portfolio Management tools like Clarity, Primavera, MS Office tools, Visio, SharePoint etc.
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM) or Process Improvement certification is a plus
- Previous experience with Project Management in Clinical Development or Research is a plus
BA/BS in life sciences, engineering, or related degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.