Senior Associate, Global Customer ManagementLocation San Rafael, California
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Global Customer Management (GCM) at BioMarin expands past customer service to manage the whole of our customer experience along with the supporting BioMarin infrastructure. This role will support the continuing development of the customer master governance to standardize global master data to support the execution of customer orders. Customer Management supports our global customers by region, this role will also work within an assigned region and act as a single point of contact for the BioMarin customer to support their product supply needs. Working within a global team this associate will need to provide analytics and trends regarding the BioMarin performance as compared to the customer expectation for their region and combine this into a global dashboard. Opportunities for improvement will be valued as critical contributions to the overall improvement to the Order to Cash process. This role will be a direct contributor to the overall success of BioMarin and improvement to the lives of the patients treated with BioMarin products.
ResponsibilitiesManage Customer Master Governance Council:
- With GCM Director and other leadership correlate long term customer master roadmap and future state domain maintenance process
- Prepare presentations for council meetings
- Schedule routine meetings
- Produce minutes for meetings
- Coordinate and communicate project execution plans
- Align Customer Master roadmap with other impacted projects to ensure no disruption to business and mitigate project delay
- On-boarding of new customers and changes
- Develop relationship with buyer at customer
- Establish expectations for order fulfillment
- Ensure orders are compliant to contract
- Monitor to ensure compliance to pricing structure and discounts
- Reporting and analytics of BioMarin performance to meet customer expectations
- Manage and monitor daily orders for dedicated region and resolve any issues by collaborating with both internal (such Logistics, Finance, etc.) and external partners
- Provide back up support for global team to execute global orders
- Primary contact for regional country managers regarding customer purchasing and order execution reporting.
- Partner with Global Market Entry and Business Operations team to coordinate implementation of contracts, new product introductions, and performance reporting.
- Collate regional order execution performance and trends with other GCM team members and present to stakeholders (Logistics, Finance, etc.).
- Customer Sales Analysis – analysis of customer order patterns and trends to support opportunities to elevate and align expectations with internal functions to optimize cost to serve
- Ensure all transactions are complete for month end, including SOX reporting requirement, completeness and accuracy of all commercial sales within region.
- Process Improvement – identify opportunities for process improvement for internal and cross functional operations.
- Implement and ensure compliance with BioMarin policies and procedures
- Participate in and contribute to end to end order-to-cash program project as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years in Biotech or Pharma customer/order/sales management, highly desirable
- Strong communication – written and verbal, comfortable presenting in front of groups
- Co-ordinate and manage Global Customer Management projects and initiatives
- Lead or participate in cross functional team projects
- A team player with excellent communication skills coupled with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Available to travel 2-3 International trips/year
- Experience working with customers and sales teams to drive towards solutions
- Experience working with accounting on period-end reconciliations
- Analytical skills with strong knowledge of Excel
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment with daily critical deliverables
- Proven track record in process improvement and project management
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP, Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce.com, Access or similar applications
- Additional language a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.