Senior Assessment Manager, GCP ComplianceLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position is responsible for supporting the assigned clinical program(s) as the GCP Compliance lead and key point of contact. It requires building and maintaining strong relationships with multiple internal and external team members and cross functional groups.
Strong knowledge of global GCP Regulations, and excellent communication and organizational skills are required. In order for the candidate to be successful in this position, the candidate must possess dynamic interpersonal and teamwork skills.
· Act as a subject matter expert by providing GCP Compliance advice to the assigned clinical program(s), including updates for applicable regulations.
· Provide assistance or guidance to the responsible parties in developing and completing corrective and preventive action plans.
· Provide reviews of protocols, amendments, and other study specific documents as requested for consistency and acceptable standards and practices to ensure compliance with internal standards, regulations and ICH GCP guidelines.
· Assist with tracking GCP Compliance audit trends and group metrics.
· Report significant and/or serious ongoing quality deficiencies to GCP Compliance Management.
· Assure the integrity and quality of clinical data by independently manage, lead, participate, and follow-up on routine and directed; internal and external; domestic and international GCP audits for the assigned program(s). Audits include, but are not limited to: investigator study sites, vendors, study reports, and internal systems.
· This position will require domestic and international travel around 20-25% of the time.
Bachelor's degree in science field required, Master’s Degree preferable
Minimum 12 years experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Medical Device industry; in Clinical Quality Assurance/Regulatory Compliance or equivalent.
· Auditor certification is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.