Senior Accountant, North America Accounting Fixed AssetsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. is a world leader in developing therapies to treat rare genetic diseases, and after almost two decades, BioMarin’s extensive research and development efforts continue to expand the boundaries of medicine. Guided by its commitment to the rare disease community, the company seeks to rapidly develop first-in-class or best-in-class therapies that will make a meaningful difference to small patient populations.
BioMarin has seven commercialized products and multiple clinical and pre-clinical product candidates in its pipeline. The company’s clinical success on behalf of its rare disease patients has produced robust revenue growth from BioMarin’s existing products.
BioMarin Finance is growing rapidly with the overall company and is developing into a cutting edge global finance organization. For the three months ended March 31, 2019, strong demand and revenue growth across BioMarin’s commercialized products delivered total revenue of $400.7 million.
The company has ambitious growth plans in the immediate future and has an enthusiastic global finance team that is eager to deliver a world-class accounting and finance function to BioMarin and its stakeholders.
BioMarin trades on the Nasdaq under ticker BMRN and is headquartered in San Rafael, California.
JOB TITLE: Senior Accountant, North America AccountingFixed Assets
This is a great opportunity to be part of the North America Accounting team responsible for the overall accounting for the region.The successful candidate will be an experienced accountant and will report to the Fixed Assets Manager, North America Accounting.Candidate should be able to multi-task and work both independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and be a strong collaborator. Candidate must possess a strong desire to learn, grow and develop their skills while providing enhancement to the current accounting function. Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential.
Main responsibilities is accounting for the capexfunction including partnering directly with the business and F,P&A, processing fixed assets & intangibles, reconciliations, reporting, variance analysis, process improvements and general accounting areas.
- Partner with the business, project managers and Finance teams in order to gain proper understanding of Fixed Assets activities which drive the US GAAP accounting.
- Review and process Fixed Assets transactions weekly in accordance to Fixed Assets policy and procedures and defined timelines.
- Analyze fixed assets by project to assess reasonableness based on information from project managers.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly JEs’ and account reconciliations relating to Fixed Assets and other general accounting areas.
- Contract review to determine the correct US GAAP Accounting
- Provide guidance to the business and F,P&A on accounting for fixed assets to include presentations and training.
- Completion of10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External reporting team
- SOX - Ensure internal and SOX controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment.
- Prepare and analyze Fixed Assets metrics.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Participate in process transformation and efficiencies to include identifying areas for streamlining and improvements.
- Participate in Cross Functional Projects for North America Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Fixed Asset or GLAccounting, preferably with combination of Big 4 audit and public company experience.
- Experience in a public company would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of monthly close activities in a deadline driven environment
- ERP systems experience preferable Oracle EBS
- Excellent follow-through and communication skills and ability to work independently and in a complex and fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to learn and progress
Bachelor’s in Accounting/Business Administration is desirable.
Technical Operations Business contacts, F,P&A, Corporate Accounting, External reporting, Internal and External Auditors and other Biomarin Departments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.