Research Associate II (Temporary)Location San Rafael, California Apply
The Pharmacology and Toxicology (PTX) group characterizes the pharmacology and safety profile of multiple types of drug candidates being developed for the treatment of rare diseases throughout all stages of a drug’s lifespan, from early stage research through development and in the commercial setting. Under the direction of Pharmacologists, Toxicologists and Pathologists, the Research Associate II (RAII) will:
- Assist in the pharmacology/toxicology evaluation and support of early to late stage drug candidates as well as marketed products.
- Participate in the design of nonclinical studies and analyses of in vitro and in vivo nonclinical data, conduct and summarize scientific literature searches, prepare summaries of data and/or literature for the purposes of reports, presentations, and publications.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of regulatory documents (e.g. investigator brochures, IND/CTAs) and correspondence.
- Assist with risk assessments for the purpose of informing potential human risk of drug products, impurities, excipients, and/or other product quality or manufacturing issues.
- May participate in department initiatives and/or cross-functional collaborations or other duties as assigned.
- May assist pathologist with coordinating shipping, receiving, and inventory of tissues and slides from nonclinical studies
- QC of toxicology reports
Must possess strong data analysis skills and a proactive, independent and collaborative work style. The successful candidate should be able to support a wide range of assignments.
- Broad and strong technical and scientific proficiency in the biological sciences. Toxicology or pharmacology experience highly desirable.
- Must possess strong data analysis skills
- Has a proactive, independent and collaborative work style.
- Able to support a wide range of assignments, manage time and priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use computer effectively for data analysis, writing and creation of presentation slides
Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with 2-4 years pharmaceutical/biotechnology drug development experience, or Master’s degree with 1-2 years experience. Experience in toxicology or pharmacology highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.