Research Associate 2 / Senior Research Associate I, Vector Production - Gene Therapy, Research
Location:San Rafael, California
With accelerated review underway in the United States and Europe for our Hemophilia A drug, a second gene therapy program entering the clinic for PKU patients, and a third program in late research for Hereditary Angioedema, BioMarin continues to pioneer innovative approaches to treating rare diseases. Our commitment to gene therapy is further underscored by having developed the first and largest gene therapy manufacturing facility in the world. The scientific possibilities and the hope we offer to patients with rare diseases is enormous.
BioMarin is a midsize biotechnology company with a market cap of approximately 18 billion. Over the course of our 22 year history we have successfully launched 7 drugs for the treatment of rare diseases. Our success is due to our scientific rigor and our ability to leverage multiple therapeutic modalities. BioMarin is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and offers a comprehensive relocation program.
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Decision Making
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Patient Focused
- Results Oriented
- Pioneering Science
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Willing to try new ways to look at problems
Health & Wellness Programs
" BioMarin has this, in their own DNA, an approach: they only work on projects for which they know the underlying biology."Lon C., Chief Scientific Officer
"We’ve got to understand: What are the problems other people are trying to solve? And do we have a better way of fundamentally doing that?"Brinda B, GVP, Corporate and Business Development
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Cell line maintenance and propagation.
- AAV vector small-scale production, purification, and analysis.
- Optimize, troubleshoot and perform cell-based assays.
- Organize and prioritize testing of samples.
- Thoroughly document procedures and results.
- Present results in group meetings.
- Assist with process optimization and lab activties as needed.
- Flexibility, willingness to accept new responsibilities.
- Handle and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment, be highly organized.
- Be diligent and detail-oriented.
- Interact with team members in a constructive and proactive manner
- Culture of adherent and suspension cell lines, aseptic technique, media and reagents preparation
- Performance of cell-based assays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and data analysis in Excel
- DNA, RNA, protein purification.
- Analytical assays: RT-PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, electrophoresis, Western blots.
- Hands-on experience with AAV vectors.
- Culture of primary cells and production cell lines.
- Assay automation, image analysis.
- Laboratory information management systems.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Research Associate 2:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
Senior Research Associate 1:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About our location
Meet Our Team
From internationally renowned scientists to patient advocates, BioMarin Hemophilia has brought together the right people.Read More
In the News
BioMarin has entered into a preclinical collaboration and license agreement with DiNAQOR, a gene therapy platform company, to develop novel gene therapies to treat rare genetic cardiomyopathies.Learn More