Project CoordinatorLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position functions within the Corporate Real Estate & Workplace (CREW) Department and is responsible for providing administrative support related to real estate and workplace planning. The individual can effectively operate in a dynamic, fast paced business environment, must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be team-oriented and maintain a positive attitude while providing occupancy and space planning support. Individual must be a self-starter, driven, demonstrating proactive/action oriented abilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages CREW’s project documentation and coordinates documentation revisions and distributions
- Coordinates and schedules meeting and communication plan(s) regarding projects among team.
- Works with Legal, Finance and Corporate Communications on contract administration & processing, accounting, financial reporting and CREW related companywide announcements
- Coordinates and obtains vendor quotations for processing. Coordinates change orders with consultants and vendors
- Enters project information data (i.e. project status updates, schedule updates, capital project financial reports and forecasts, cash flow projections, budget reallocations, accruals asset service placement) and project documentation into project management technology tools (software applications, web-based tools, job cost accounting tools)
- Processes documentation for project commitments (i.e. Agreements, Contracts, Work Authorizations, Purchase Orders)
- Acts as a point of contact for escalated matters among the team
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from end-users, colleagues, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees
- Understanding of project coordination processes, procedures and standards and knowledge of facility planning and design programming methodologies is desired
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully multitask and able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities
- Organized, independent and self-motivated, enthusiastic, dependable, detail oriented, flexible in scheduling and prioritization
- Intermediate skills with project management software and Microsoft Office Suite products
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have 1-2 years administrative and project coordination experience (in a corporate real estate or facilities environment a plus).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required
- Background but not limited to: project management, construction management, architecture or project strategy planning is desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.