Power Platform Services ManagerLocation San Rafael, California Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Strategic Platforms Team manages the critical platforms upon which BioMarin runs its business. Working closely with other Information Management teams, especially Enterprise Architecture and Customer Facing IT teams, as well as business functions, Strategic Platforms focuses on building and running the platforms which will host the applications and systems which support BioMarin’s future growth.
The Strategic Platforms team seeks a highly talented and motivated Power Platform Services Manager. This role will be responsible for implementing and managing the Power Platform environments; implementing governance, security and compliance policies; and providing administration, monitoring, development and support. It will also be responsible for ensuring that the overall platform and delivered solutions are functioning properly, within the design and security specifications established by IT, and that all applicable policies, processes, and procedures are properly communicated and followed.
This senior-level individual contributor role, reporting to Associate Director of Strategic Platforms, Microsoft, will participate in the design and implementation of strategic systems and services and provide expert level problem resolution for issues escalated from other IM support groups.
The qualified candidate will demonstrate experience in supporting the following systems / areas:
- Oversee the Microsoft Power Platform (specifically PowerApps, Power Automate and Virtual Agents), ensuring BioMarin has a scalable and powerful platform to deliver business value through IM and business-built solutions.
- Deliver services and solutions using the Power Platform suite with Microsoft’s PowerApps, Power Automate, AI builder, Virtual Agents, SharePoint, Dynamics, Microsoft Teams, custom development, and data integrations.
- Manage Environments, Configurations, Governance, Security, Integrations and Deployments
- Collaboration with PowerBI teams on governance for Dataverse
- Create Custom components and connectors.
- Provide architecture designs, configurations, administration, and functional support to expand capabilities in Microsoft 365.
- Identify new areas and business processes where Power Platform can be leveraged and facilitate continual process improvement.
- Standardize and optimize the ways data is stored and retrieved
- Create and maintain documentation for the environment and solutions
- Oversee and daily production system support and user support, providing hands-on support as needed
- Support and cultivate the Power Platform user community
- Develop and deliver user training
- Provide knowledge transfer to internal team members
- Prefer experience leveraging the Power Platform with SAP S/4 Hana
- Prefer experience with Power Platform in a GxP environment
The candidate will also be responsible for contributing to the overall strategic direction for key IM projects. Additional responsibilities include coordinating with BioMarin service providers and partners, resolving escalated technical requests, and collaborating with other IM personnel on departmental projects.
- Recent experience managing Power Platform (especially PowerApps and Power Automate), Dynamics and other Microsoft 365 applications
- Combined experience of 5+ years across
- SharePoint administration
- Business systems analysis
- Microsoft system administration
- Experience building and executing project plans working closely with customers and IT to understand and manage project expectations.
- Implementation experience involving technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development and deployment.
- Strong foundational knowledge of Microsoft platforms including Microsoft Power Platform, Azure AD, and Azure logic apps and Exchange ecosystem
- .Net development experience with familiarity with C#, ASP.Net and front-end technologies
- Proficient in creating PowerShell scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical and business concepts to diverse audiences
- Experience in administration and development of reports on Power BI
BS/BA or greater related to computer science or other relevant experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.