Manager, Treasury Operations & Cash ManagementLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin’s Global Finance operations continue to grow rapidly with the overall company and are developing into a leading-edge global finance organization. BioMarin has over $1.5 billion of annual revenues and operations in 40 plus countries that drive a fast-paced and dynamic team environment, along with operational complexity. BioMarin has ambitious growth plans and has an enthusiastic global team that is eager to deliver world-class accounting and finance services to BioMarin and its stakeholders.
Reporting to the Assistant Treasurer, the Treasury Manager will be responsible for the Treasury Operations & Cash Management functions. This role will require someone with multi-national corporate treasury experience who is highly technical, hands-on, detail oriented, with strong organizational and communication skills. The ideal candidate would be someone interested in developing all aspects of corporate treasury function. This role is based in the San Rafael offices of BioMarin.
Bank Infrastructure and Services
- Design, implement and maintain a best in class worldwide banking infrastructure. Collaborate with the International Treasury team to align banking goals and strategies.
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing banking partners. Ensure high levels of service are provided to corporate business partners and opportunities for efficiencies are identified and evaluated. Negotiate and monitor bank and service fees.
- Continuously evaluate banking products and services to improve operating efficiencies and controls
- Support best-in-class initiates around fraud prevention, risk mitigation, straight through processing, governance and global liquidity management
- Oversee regulatory compliance, including FBAR and KYC
Cash Management, Cash Forecasting, and Additional Support
- Develop a strong daily cash positioning template. Create and release EFTs as appropriate.
- Oversee improvements to the Company’s treasury workstation, including the implementation of new modules and bank feeds
- Manage the company’s short-term liquidity forecast utilizing bank systems, ERP system and the treasury workstation
- Own and manage the FX Back Office, including wire settlements
- Monitor intercompany balances, help plan and manage intercompany trade and loan settlements
- Improve and monitor Treasury operational policies, oversee SOX compliance and support internal and external audit requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or related business discipline
- Strong understanding of treasury operations, corporate banking practices
- Experience using treasury workstations (FIS Integrity, Kyriba), risk management systems (FXall, Eikon, Bloomberg, 360T) and various bank systems (CitiDirect, BOA CashPro, WF CEO)
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to share knowledge in a cooperative fashion, to be a team player
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, attention to details, ability and willingness to work effectively independently as well as part of a team
- 5+ years of experience in multi-national Corporate Treasury department
- Absent a medical or religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.