Intern, StatisticsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Review of regulatory (FDA) process for drug approval, including recent considerations, to determine statistical methods (ex. Bayesian Models) that have potential to expedite timeline for drug approval
- Educate statisticians and non-statisticians of how such statistical methods might be applied (risks, benefits, feasibility, implementation)
- Review/QC of clinical trials documents (statistical analysis plans, study analyses)
- Programming of exploratory analyses
- Pursuing graduate degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field
- Strong technical and programming skills (ex. R, SAS)
- Proactive, inquisitive, and good communication skills
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.