Who We Are
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
This position plays a key role in the New Product Commercialization function within Global Product Strategy focused on driving commercial strategy for BioMarin’s early-stage programs. Working across the organization, the team is responsible for early commercial assessments for rare disease programs spanning from early research to clinical proof-of-concept and then ensuring a seamless transition to brand teams. The New Product Commercialization team is also responsible for assessments for potential in-licensing opportunities in close collaboration with Business Development.
This position will lead development and execution of therapeutic area-wide efforts to identify indications of Commercial interest and inform early asset development. Main responsibilities will include development of a Commercial framework, applying the framework to identify and characterize indications of interest, and socializing findings across the organization. Additionally, s/he will assess programs of corporate-wide interest for additional Commercial opportunities with in-depth information on disease areas including epidemiology, natural history, unmet need, competition, and price comparators. This position works closely with colleagues in Research, Early Clinical Development, Global Medical Affairs, Product & Portfolio Development and Business Development.
- Lead development and execution of a therapeutic area-wide disease mapping project
- Lead collaborative development of an in-depth Commercial assessment for key programs.
- Consult and inform project outputs across cross-functional partner teams.
- Strong strategic thinker who can break-down complicated problems to actionable next steps.
- Ability to work with ambiguous data and provide a quantitative framework to digest data.
- Communicate effectively with team members, and the broader organization
- Strong project management
- Foundational understanding of global pharmaceutical market trends
- Student pursuing an MBA or PhD in life sciences.
- Must be able to work remotely or relocate if necessary and work at the San Rafael, CA for the duration of the internship. Hybrid workstyle is preferred.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences.
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Paid company holidays, sick time, and housing/transportation assistance available for eligible employees.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 30.00 to $ 50.00 per hour, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.