Intern - Medical Affairs OperationsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
Medical Affairs Operations summer Intern will work on 1 major project and 1-2 minor projects over the 3-month internship. Projects will be matched with the candidate’s skills and interests. Projects may include developing data and reporting tools for selected Medical Affairs subject areas to support business process effectiveness and decision support. For example: KOL identification and management, Medical Affairs expenses and performance to budget, Operations support for annual medical planning and advisory boards, Medical Affairs department roster and territory management, and/or Medical Affairs systems and processes.
This internship will provide valuable experience in technical project implementation and management as it applies to a Medical Affairs capabilities and competencies. Stakeholder engagement, problem-solving, and solution delivery.
Type of work to be performed may include the following:
- Assist operations managers to coordinate working team meetings and related projects.
- Plan, design, and develop interactive reports and dashboards relating to track key Medical Affairs processes and budgetary performance.
- Designs and runs queries to compile data for reports and data visualization outputs.
- Identify and interpret data patterns that provide insight about business processes and systems.
- Design data models, data visualizations and dashboards deliver insights to business decision makers.
- Build quality relationships with key Medical Affairs stakeholders while clarifying information & analytics needs across Medical Affairs departments.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong customer focus and relationship skills.
- Foundational experience or knowledge of the following:
- Common business softwares (Microsoft Office, Sharepoint & MS Teams).
- BI Development processes & awareness of BI technologies.
- Project Management methodologies and processes.
- SQL Queries and data modeling.
- Power BI or similar data visualization software preferred.
- Analytic, organization, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.