Intern, LegalLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The successful applicant will provide support to the U.S. Legal team, which is part of the larger Global Legal department. BioMarin’s Legal team works in close coordination with colleagues from various business functions to support a variety of Corporate and Commercial transactions and matters. The intern will have an opportunity to support several cross-functional Corporate and Commercial legal teams including, but not limited to: Commercial, Corporate Governance & Securities, Clinical, Technical Operations, Regulatory, and Employment. The intern will assist the Legal team with day-to-day activities, including contract review and drafting, legal research, drafting memoranda, presenting findings, and other departmental projects.
- Interest in learning about Corporate and Commercial Operations law, including contract drafting and negotiation, within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent writing and research skills (writing sample required).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail; sense of humor; ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong ability to follow through with tasks.
- Proficiency with standard office technology and software, e.g., MS Office Suite, Outlook, Excel.
Skills the intern will gain: The intern will gain exposure to the US Federal and State healthcare legal landscape, including the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, Fraud & Abuse laws, OIG Guidance, Anti-Trust laws, State Price Transparency regulations, and other Corporate and Employment laws and regulations. The intern will gain skills in contract drafting and analysis, drafting of memoranda, internal policy drafting, and working on projects and communications to further BioMarin Legal’s goal of partnering with business teams to deliver solutions and empower excellence.
- A./B.S. required.
- A recent college undergraduate with a B.A./B.S degree or a first-year law student currently enrolled in an ABA accredited law school and pursuing a Juris Doctorate degree.
- For first year law student candidates, the student must be returning to school in the Fall Term
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours per week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship
- Able to work on-site at the San Rafael, CA location two days per week.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences.
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
In the U.S., the hiring range for this position is $ 30.00 to $ 50.00 per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.