INTERN, GLOBAL BRAND MANAGEMENT, PKU FRANCHISELocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Global Brand Management team leads commercial planning and marketing activities for all pipeline programs and inline products. BioMarin is the market leader in phenylketonuria (PKU), with two commercialized products, KUVAN (sapropterin) and PALYNZIQ (pegvaliase-pqpz), and a gene therapy in early clinical development (BMRN 307 / AAV5-PAH).
The MBA Summer Intern, GBM, PKU Franchise will work on one major project and a few minor projects over the 10-week program. This role presents the opportunity to have a hand in launch planning for a potential blockbuster product, enhance commercial’s strategic impact, and drive towards operational excellence.
- Work with PKU brand team and operations to develop a “Wave 2” launch playbook for PALYNZIQ
- “Wave 2” represents our set of countries for market entry and commercialization
- Opportunity to have strategic influence at product, franchise, and portfolio level – playbook may serve as model for future products at BioMarin
- Select timebound projects, potentially including:
- Development of Rare Disease Report, a quarterly internal update sent to senior executives and cross functional leaders which covers evolution of rare disease landscape, market access developments, commercial performance of select products, and strategic implications for BMRN
- Buildout of internal roadmap to facilitate coordination of commercial functions in Long-range Planning (LRP) process – a unique opportunity to shape how our business runs by partnering with ops in mapping roles, responsibilities, and timelines across geographies and groups
- 3+ years of pharma / biotech consulting, marketing, or financial services experience
- Rare disease and in-line marketing experience a plus
- MBA student with a demonstrated interest / focus in healthcare or marketing
- BS in life sciences or business discipline (e.g., economics, finance, marketing)
- Adaptability: flexible attitude and ability to respond to changes in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Collaboration: passion for partnering with cross-functional teams and adept with conflict resolution
- Communication: effectively present ideas to senior and diverse stakeholders
- Self-starter: independently drives work-stream, defines path when faced with ambiguity, and can sense when to seek input / feedback
- Strategic agility: ability to evolve hypotheses and story with rapidly-changing data
- Patient-centric passion
- Keen scientific curiosity
- Team spirit, respect, and open-mindedness to diverse thinking styles, cultures, capabilities, etc.
- Creativity, innovation, and hunger to learn
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.