Intern - Financial Planning & AnalysisLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The WWRD Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for the consolidation, reporting, and analysis of the company’s budget and forecasts. The Intern, Financial Planning & Analysis position will assist with all aspects of WWRD FP&A, including supporting the team on monthly financial analysis and preparation of financial reports in addition to contributing to support of key process improvement projects. The Intern will also actively participate in one project and present their findings via PowerPoint to the CFO and FP&A team at the end of their internship.
In this fast-paced and high-exposure role, you will interact with senior leaders and global finance teams to meet our deliverables.
- Assist in monthly forecasting variance and other ad hoc analyses
- Prepare templates, timelines and communications for the 2021 annual budget process
- Assist in preparation of key reports and financial packages for the team and senior management
- Help Finance teams with ongoing process improvement and automation projects
- Participate in one project and present findings to CFO and FPA team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and comfortable with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines
- Enjoys a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Effective in team environment as well as working individually
- Results driven; adaptable, flexible and creative in developing new improvement ideas and solutions
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.