Intern - Corporate ComplianceLocation San Rafael, California Apply
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The successful applicant will provide support to the Corporate Compliance team, which is part of the larger Global Compliance & Ethics department. The intern will have the opportunity to support several cross-functional compliance activities, including promotional review activities, data privacy program, transparency reporting, corporate policy and procedure drafting and enforcement, enterprise risk assessment, and internal training and monitoring. The Corporate Compliance team works in close coordination with colleagues throughout the organization. The intern will assist Corporate Compliance staff members with day-to-day activities, including legal research, drafting memoranda, presenting findings, and other departmental projects.
- Excellent writing and research skills (writing sample required);
- Proficiency with standard office technology and software, e.g. MS Office Suite, Outlook, etc.;
- Strong communication, collaboration, problem-solving and time-management skills; and
- Attention to detail;sense of humor;ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Skills the intern will gain:The intern will gain exposure to healthcare compliance law, including FDCA, FCPA, FCA, AKS, data-privacy laws, and the Sunshine Act, and will gain skills including memo and policy drafting, gap analysis, and working on projects and communications to further Corporate Compliance’s goal of ensuring BioMarin remains compliant with all applicable laws.
Education: B.A./B.S. required, 1L law students preferred, 2L considered.
Work schedule: 40 hours per week
Other: Housing and transportation are the intern’s responsibility
Benefits of a BioMarin internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.