Global Head, HR Business Partner - CommercialLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin Pharmaceutical seeks a Global Head, HR Business Partner to support the Global Commercial Operations (GCO) organization, composed of 530+ worldwide employees. They will report directly to the SVP HR, join the HR Leadership Team (HRLT), and lead a team of Regional HR Business Partners.
As part of the HRLT, this individual will be a critical contributor to the success of priority HR efforts on behalf of all our global employees. HR priorities for 2021 include cutting edge projects in the areas of the Future of Work, Workforce Strategy, DEI initiatives and Managerial Capability in support of the Employee Experience.
For Global Commercial Operations (GCO), this business partner will consult on organizational design, talent management, succession planning, performance management, and coaching.
The strategic focus of this role is to align the people strategy of the GCO group with the growth objectives of the business preparing for 2021 and beyond. Partnering closely with HR’s Centers of Excellence, this position will provide solutions-oriented support to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and his leadership team around acquiring, developing, retaining, and engaging talent in a time of growth and transformation. The Global Head, HR Business Partner, GCO will help drive performance of a workforce with a mix of long tenured and newer employees. Leading with a global and inclusive mindset will be a critical focus of this position.
- Managing a range of human resources services, this role will provide proactive HR leadership and consultation to business groups supporting leaders and employees of the organization
- Manages an HR team of 7 across North America, Europe and APAC
- Partners with senior leadership to provide guidance in organizational change and other new initiatives.
- Ensures organizational success in complex business situations such as preparing for product approvals, workforce buildouts, reorganizations and potential M&A activity.
- Influences leaders to make changes in organizational structure or processes to support growth within the organization.
- Responsible for identifying the need for HR programs or strategies to support business objectives, as well as strategic direction.
- Serves as integrated part of the business, working with and advising the managers of respective client groups to align with and assist in accomplishing broader business objectives.
- Provides senior management with an interpretation of current HR policies.
- Partners with the HR COEs to deliver customized programs and services to the business in the areas of Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, and Compensation.
- Manages and resolves Employee Relations issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and BioMarin policies.
- Develops and conducts presentations to leaders and managers on a variety of HR subjects.
- Participates on global HR initiatives that may require taking the lead on HR projects within the client group.
- Support continued growth and infrastructure by identifying talent gaps and development areas across the global Commercial organization - and other areas as the business grows.
- Leadership: 15 years of experience in various people functions across business units; experience across talent management/acquisition, rewards, employee relations, organizational design, inclusion & diversity, and culture is beneficial.
- Industry Experience: Experience within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry preferred.
- Analytical Expertise: Utilizing data-driven approaches to create “best practice” solutions. Utilizing these performance driven approaches in liaising with technical teams and product-driven leaders.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated understanding of the strategic, operational and financial components of broader business management, having led teams (in/out of HR function) for at least 5 years and serving as an advisor/partner at the highest level within an organization.
- Global mindset: Will bring global experience, having led teams across regions.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures.
- Must possess in-depth negotiating, influencing, and consulting skills.
- Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in-depth degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maturity of temperament; able to render a calm stabilizing presence without compromising influence and authority.
- Passionate about people and culture, with an emphasis on inclusion.
- A strategic thinker, inspiring leader, effective manager and team player
- Demonstrate credibility, integrity, and trust.
- Collaborative and with the ability to create opportunities that facilitate buy-in and teamwork.
- Lead innovation and constantly drive for results; a disruptor who thinks bigger, beyond incremental improvement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.