Executive / Senior Director, Research Portfolio Strategy and Management, Product Portfolio DevelopmentLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Executive Director, Research Portfolio Strategy and Management, a dedicated point of contact for the Research Portfolio (project launch to IND-enabling (=Stage 0), supports portfolio prioritization/decision-making and resource management, working in partnership with stakeholders across BioMarin organizations, to build and maintain an innovative Research pipeline. He/she also serves as a strategic partner for Head of Head of Product Portfolio Development (PPD) and Research & Early Development (RED), aiding in refinement of strategic direction, execution of strategic and operational initiatives, and alignment of organizational strategic thinking.
Scientific Strategy, Communication & Leadership
- Aid in developing and refining near-to-long term strategic direction and goals to build a sustainable Research & Early Dev pipeline via generation of data-driven, wide-ranging scientific and organizational insight.
- Construct holistic view of Research portfolio with transparency to support cross-functional and vertical scientific decision making.
- Facilitate cross-functional alignment by fostering effective communication and coordination of resources/assets, driving the Research portfolio forward.
- Serve as primary source of Research portfolio and pipeline data from project launch to IND-enabling, integrating both externally and internally-driven assets.
- Partner with Finance, Technical Operations and Business Development groups in integration of strategic plans and pipeline progress with the near- to long-range plans
- Lead and track periodic portfolio review of indication strategies, portfolio prioritization, risk assessment, resource management and trade-off decisions.
- Facilitate portfolio decision-making by structuring of problem and providing appropriate data, insights and recommendations.
- Oversee the implementation and continued improvement of portfolio and resource management infrastructure and processes for Research pipeline assets.
Research Review Committee
- Support management of Research pipeline progression, ensuring therapeutic concepts and scientific rigor are aligned with BioMarin’s business needs, strategies and core approaches.
- Provide objective context for discussion to enable key asset decisions, based on data-driven go/no-go criteria and alignment with overarching strategies.
- Maintain partnerships with stakeholders outside Research to ensure optimal governance decision making.
- Provide oversight for coordinating meetings, setting effective agenda, organizing presenters, delivering concise meeting minutes, and tracking action items.
- Provide oversight for managing Research pipeline data, monitoring project progression while escalating any issues with recommended resolutions.
Cross-functional Research Review Committee
- Serve as primary source of Research pipeline, strategy and portfolio information
- Provide objective context for discussion to enable key asset decisions, based on business case and early development strategies
External Innovation & Alliance Management
- Partner with Business Development, Innovation Acceleration Team, Finance and stakeholders to: (1) oversee development of research collaboration plans, (2) assess resourcing impact, and (3) manage integration into Research portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.