Executive Director, North America Commercial OperationsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Executive Director, North America Commercial Operations (“NORAM Ops”) is a leadership role in BioMarin’s North America Commercial organization. This role will report to the Vice President, Global Commercial Operations, partner closely with and support the Vice President of the North America Commercial business, and serve on the leadership team of the North America Commercial business. Through direct and indirect management of multiple operational support teams, the Executive Director, NORAM Ops will be critical to the planning and execution of several field responsibilities and the effective execution of supporting commercial and non-commercial functions.
- Directly lead BioMarin’s North America Commercial teams in Managed Markets, Distribution/Trade, and Patient Hub Services
- Work with direct reports to engage with outside organizations including Payers, PBM’s, Specialty Pharmacies, 3PL and warehousing providers, third-party patient support services providers, and co-pay assistance vendors.
- Through indirect influence of various globally managed Commercial services, provide critical services to the North America business in the areas of revenue planning and analysis, Commercial systems, marketing support services, incentive compensation, compliance, global customer management
- Partner effectively with North America’s Sales and Marketing teams
- Provide counsel, leadership and partnership with and to BioMarin’s North America Commercial management team.
- Provide expert, informed insight to drive effective and timely decision making across a broad array of topics impacting the performance of the North America Commercial business.
- 15+ years of experience in pharmaceutical company, commercial operating roles supporting multiple marketed products
- 5+ years of direct experience with US Payers, Specialty Pharmacies, and/or Patient Support services
- A current understanding of the US Payer and Specialty Distribution landscape and an understanding of contracting strategies
- 5+ years of leadership experience involving the management of Commercial disciplines including Managed Markets and Trade.
- 5+ years of P&L management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated track-record successfully launching new pharmaceutical products
- Experience with Rare Disease products is preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Humility, drive/hunger and people skills
- Desire to work in a high energy Commercial environment with multiple competing priorities
- A professional that highly values patient-centricity, respect, accountability, innovation, ethics, and continuous learning
- Ability to travel 25-40%
- A sense of humor
- Strong references
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degrees in Business, Life Sciences or Public Health strongly preferred