Director, Product Supply Chain OwnerLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Product Supply Chain Owner (PSCO) is accountable for designing and implementing best-in-class supply chains, seamlessly connecting patients to our medicines. The PSCO is a matrix leader, responsible for managing the Product Supply Chain Team consisting of colleagues from supply chain, manufacturing and quality. The PSCO is afull-time member of one or more Chemical, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) product teams, with accountability to ensure that a compliant, robust and resilient supply chain has been configured in alignment with the product strategy for their assigned product.
Product Supply Chain Owner builds resilience and secures supply of quality product to patients by work with their sub-team members and key stakeholders to plan for and manage commercialization after initial approval, Tier 1,2,3 country launches, product security, ongoing line extensions and global lot restricting changes. They are accountable for accurate product costing (including development of standard costs) the label implementation process for their assigned product(s), for maintaining an accurate supply chain map of the flow of goods, including storage and logistics, and the flow of funds. When an actionable risk of patient level stock out is identified, the Product Supply Chain Owner prepares the supply assessment that is the basis of the Global Material Review Board evaluation and decision-making relative to notification of Regulatory Agencies.
Key interfaces include:
- Network Strategic Planning
- Supply planning
- Clinical supply chain
- Demand planning
- Commercial and clinical operations;
- Procurement and category management teams;
- Enterprise Master Data Management;
- Legal, Tax, Product Costing and Finance;
- Logistics team, formulation, packaging engineering and validation;
- CMC team members, including the CMC Regulatory Leader, Product Quality leader and their sub-teams.
This crucial role is a member of the BioMarin Global Supply Chain and Product Management communities and participates in network initiatives and efforts, including improving governance, and delivering TOPs and SCOPE strategic objectives.
Product Supply Chain Owner is a matrix leader, responsible for leading cross-functional teams of 10-15 functional leaders, who are responsible for executing product supply chain strategies within their functions. PSCO provides coaching and development to team members on product and supply chain requirements for their products. PSCO measures performance of team members to achieve deliverables and provide feedback to functional management on team member’s overall performance and development needs.
Must have: Minimum Requirements:
- BS/B.Sc., preferably in the life science, engineering, supply chain or business administration
- Minimum 8 years of materials management, production planning and scheduling experience
- Minimum 5 years GMP/GCP compliant Pharmaceutical operations experience
- Minimum 2 years matrix leadership experience. Experience managing global, multicultural, multi-functional and remote teams in a matrix organization.
- Strong supply chain management acumen
- Subject-matter expertise in ERP systems, preferably Oracle or SAP
- Good understanding of Pharmaceutical industry (regulatory environment, GMP and ICH Guidelines)
- Strong risk management analysis and project management skills
- Effective ability to educate and lead through influence management, team members and cross-functional peers.
- Effective executive level communication (oral, and written)
- Ability to operate globally, across different time-zones, work with global and regional functions.
- Strong ability to make risk-based decisions and escalate to executive management when appropriate.
- Ability to understand the big picture and focus or execute the details to deliver product strategies; strategic thinker with operative capabilities
- Ability to understand impact of unique issues from multiple functional perspectives including Regulatory, Quality, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing to assess best options
- Business process thinker. Drives for continuous improvement of business process to achieve product strategies.
- Provides coaching and manages work activities for projects and teams.
- Can accommodate required international travel
Nice to have:
-MBA, preferably in supply chain management, finance or business operations
-APICS certification or equivalent supply chain certification
-Lean-DMAIC expertise, preferably Green Belt Certified or higher
-Project management certification, PMP or equivalent.
-Biopharmaceutical and/or Gene & Cell Therapy operations experience
-Strong finance and business acumen
-Strong regulatory and GMP acumen, specifically ICH Q8-12
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.