BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Contract Coordinator will be responsible for providing support for BioMarin’s Clinical Sciences department in the organization, planning, execution, and contracting for various activities relating to Advisory Boards, Advisory Committees, Investigator Meetings and other meetings and partnerships with Key Opinion Leaders, vendors and consultants. The job is located onsite at the San Rafael, California campus.
- Arrange and/or partner with outside vendors to arrange and manage meetings, including meetings with external partners such as Key Opinion Leaders.
- Schedule meetings with internal and external groups as needed, including organizing all meeting logistics (availability of attendees, meetings rooms and equipment, online conferencing and catering as required).
- Where applicable, manage outside vendors to ensure that all meeting logistics meet desired standards of quality, as well as compliance with internal and external guidelines and regulations relating to Fair Market Value and engagements with Health Care Professionals
- Ability to troubleshoot and assist when needed with audiovisual connections for online meetings.
- Management of all aspects of planning and contracting for speaking engagements, meeting attendance, and other consulting for Clinical Sciences consultants and vendors, including:
- Partnering with internal Clinical Sciences resources to understand needs for each Program relating to hiring of consultants for Advisory Boards, Investigator Meetings, Advisory Committees, etc.
- Liaising with consultants to determine interest in and availability to work with BioMarin on a particular project
- Coordination with Legal Department on process of approving requested consulting services
- Working with Legal Department and consultants to ensure that an appropriate Non-Disclosure Agreement is in place
- Working with other internal stakeholders to ensure that all required information has been collected from consultants (CV, hourly rate, banking form, and W-8/W-9)
- Submission of large volume of contract requests via BioMarin’s internal contracts management system (i.e., Ariba or Spring CM) for initiating, modifying or renewing agreements
- Working with Legal Department, Finance and other departments/individuals in fulfilling contract terms and payments, including sending out and collecting banking information to add new consultants to Oracle to ensure timely payment, emailing consultants to remind them to submit timely invoices and following up on the same, and assisting with PO and invoice management
- Implement and maintain system for tracking and monitoring contracts and purchase orders utilizing spreadsheet, calendar, and Livelink database.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable/Purchasing to track invoices and purchase orders.
- Create and maintain repository for information relating to all Clinical Sciences vendors and consultants, including details relating to the applicable area of expertise, hourly rate, number of engagements with BioMarin, status of contract with BioMarin etc.
- Assist with creating/editing executive level presentations.
- Participate in recruiting efforts by working with HR on scheduling of interviews, coordination of interview schedules and hosting of candidate. Participate in on-boarding activities (IT setup, introductory meetings scheduled, iProcurement, travel and Concur training).
- Assist with travel needs in accordance with BMRN travel policy (but not limited to air, hotel, car), as well as visa and passport service.
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in a biotech company is desirable
- Meeting planning and coordination
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to build relationships with key internal stakeholders and external partners
- Demonstrated exceptional MS Office computer skills
- Ability to influence upwards in order to meet timelines and deliverables
- Working knowledge of basic contracts terms, as well as experience negotiating contracts a plus
- Familiarity with basic contract terms and concepts and/or experience drafting non-disclosure and consulting agreements a plus.
- Effective task planning and coordination abilities.
College degree preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.