Associate Director, SEC Reporting & Internal Controls (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations
The Associate Director is responsible for the key areas of the external reporting function and assisting with quarterly compliance reporting. The Associate Director is also responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls over various aspects of the financial reporting process and filings with SEC. The Associate Director supports technical accounting research needs and assists in meeting the requirements for external reporting.
The ideal candidate will be a certified public accountant with a recent blend of both Big 4 or large regional CPA firm as well as public company reporting experience. The successful candidate will be a good communicator and able to effectively interact with all personnel levels within the Finance and Legal department as well as cross functionally in order to learn the Company’s business operations and their potential disclosure implications in our public filings. Candidate will have the ability to multi-task, work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and collaborate with peers. Candidate must possess a strong desire to learn and develop new skills while providing enhancements to the current financial reporting function. Strong organization and analytical skills and attention to detail are essential.
Required tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly, annual, and periodic SEC filings, including managing support for disclosures prepared by business partners.
- Ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP guidelines.
- Review disclosure schedules prepared by the Senior Manager Financial Reporting & Internal Controls
- Review and approval of changes to XBRL tagging proposed by the Senior Manager Financial Reporting & Internal Controls
- Review of Quarterly Disclosure Checklist
- Review tie-out of SEC filing to supporting documentation
- Review WASO Calculation
- Prepare EPS calculation
- Assist Investor Relations with preparation of earnings release; Financial Statements, Guidance and Non-GAAP disclosures
- Tie out earnings release
- Review valuation of equity awards to employees
- Review ESPP valuation and expense calculation
- Assisting in the management of the external SOX auditors with PBC request/management and scheduling of internal resources, when needed
- Identifying process improvements to streamline the reporting process, including the preparation of SEC filings, Earnings Release and supporting disclosures schedules is a plus.
- Execute responsibilities over SEC Reporting to maintain our strong internal control environment.
- Support Director of SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting & Internal Controls with technical accounting research, as needed
- Provide strategic analysis of financial data and ad hoc financial reporting, as needed
- Other projects and activities as assigned
- 8+ years of relevant experience (biotech industry a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of 2013 COSO framework and ability to apply the framework in a manner that supports SOX compliance and operational efficiencies.
- Advanced understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Understands the criticality of SOX compliance requirements and/or has experience designing, monitoring, and evaluating internal controls and SOX compliance in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or manufacturing organization
- Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and takes ownership of projects and tasks and works within multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Strong project management, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills. Must be highly detail oriented.
- Process-oriented, ability to work with others and lead and affect process change and improvements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, to facilitate interaction through all levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize reporting and other management systems and tools
- Working knowledge of Oracle, HFM and ActiveDisclosure a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required. CPA or equivalent experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.