Associate Director, North America Brand Management – HUB, Specialty Pharmacy and Payer MarketingLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This Associate Director, North America Brand Management will be responsible for designing and implementing/pulling-through educational and promotional strategy and materials relating to the BioMarin RareConnections HUB, our Specialty Pharmacy partners, and payers. This position spans BioMarin’s North American Rare Disease portfolio (5 commercially marketed brands- Naglazyme, Vimizim, Brineura, Kuvan, and Palynziq as well as launch preparations for vosoritide) and reports to the Executive Director, North America Brand Management.
Demonstrated strategic and tactical marketing, organizational, problem solving, communications, and project management skills (with attention to detail) are required as well as enthusiasm to collaborate in a thriving team environment. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. This professional should be a disciplined individual that embraces innovative approaches, and is comfortable in a nimble and growing commercial organization. The Associate Director, North America Brand Management must be creative and adaptable to unique and changing situations, be goal-oriented, know how to set aggressive, achievable targets, and motivate internal teams as well as third-party vendors and agencies.
- The primary responsibilities for this Associate Director will fall into 3 categories:
- Customer (HCP and Patient) facing: This Marketer will partner with our Payer/market access/managed markets, RareConnections and Specialty Pharmacy teams to educate HCPs and patients on the journey to coverage/access and all necessary steps and requirements. He or she will help create customer facing materials, collaborating on and pulling through the strategy and planning developed by these teams. This marketer would interface between our internal payer/RareConnections/Specialty Pharmacy teams and our promotional agencies to create compelling educational and promotional tools for HCPs and Patients on the access journey.
- Payer support: Deliver messages in collaboration with Market Access and Managed Markets teams to payers to supplement the NAMs live efforts, through different non-personal promotional channels. (Critical first step will be collaborating with these teams to determine best channels for non-personal promotion for our unique rare disease landscape-- journals, conferences, webinars, etc.)
- Internal facing: Advocate for the RareConnections and Specialty Pharmacy teams in internal brand team meetings so we have a dedicated marketer channeling the HUB and Specialty Pharmacy needs and priorities. North America currently has dedicated marketers focused on our Account Manager (sales) and Clinical Coordinator (field based clinician) teams, and this role would represent the dedicated marketer for the RareConnections and Specialty Pharmacy teams. This marketer would also collaborate on and support any training needs the HUB or Specialty Pharmacy teams request marketing provide to their teams.
- Lead initial development and ongoing evolution of the patient journey process mapping for all North America brands, pre and post launch. This includes leading a cross functional team to create and update the journey as well as identify key brand performance metrics (KPIs) across the journey. Patient journey team includes marketing, sales, field based clinical support, RareConnections HUB, Specialty Pharmacy/Trade, Market Access/Managed Markets, and compliance
- Presentation of key activities and initiatives to North America Brand Teams (PKU and LSD, respectively) and Commercial executive management, as needed
- Collaboration with marketing and other commercial teams to prepare annual brand plan and associated budgets
- Collaboration with BioMarin RareConnections HUB team on identification of HCP and/or patient educational needs along the patient journey to obtaining product access/coverage
- Collaboration with the BioMarin Specialty Pharmacy team on identification of HCP and/or patient educational needs covering product logistics related to receiving infusions/injections
- Collaboration with BioMarin Market Access Strategy and Payer Policy and Management Markets teams on identification of incremental payer non-personal promotion opportunities aligned with payer strategy
- Relationship/project owner for coordination with advertising agencies (AORs and digital) and internal ‘agency’ team on the development, execution, and maintenance of marketing and education materials for HUB/SP/Payer initiatives
- Coordination of submissions and approvals of marketing-created promotional materials (for HUB, SP and Payer related materials) to Promotional Review Board (PRB) review process
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with strategic and executional marketing required
- Payer marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with specialty pharmacy and HUB service providers strongly preferred.
- Orphan drug experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment is critical.
- Strong facilitation and leadership skills required
- Ability to interact with/positively influence all levels of business across multiple departments.
- Strong analytical skills, solid general business skills and a good understanding of the US pharmaceutical markets, including payer and specialty pharmacy landscape.
- Excellent project management, attention to detail and executional experience a must have
Bachelor in Business, Arts or Science, MBA preferred but not required
Domestic travel required 20% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.