Associate Director, Intellectual Property Corporate Counsel - BiologicsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin legal team is looking for an IP attorney with a Ph.D. in Life Sciences / Immunology to help support our growing gene therapy pipeline. Position will handle a variety of IP Matters and provide IP strategic support for early stage product development, collaboration efforts and external risk assessments.
- Ph.D. (Biological Sciences, e.g., Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with familiarity / experience in various biologic technologies (gene therapy, therapeutic enzymes, antisense oligonucleotides, antibodies)
- Registration as a Patent Attorney with USPTO and member of a State Bar
- Must have a minimum 5 years of biopharma-related patent prosecution and complex IP diligence experience as a patent agent/attorney
- Must have at least 2 years of relevant experience in a law firm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability and willingness to establish networks and effectively collaborate with and influence senior business and research leaders
- Strong work ethic, team-oriented and collaborative, responsive and diligent, with a demonstrated ability to effectively multitask across multiple deadlines
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Work experience as a scientist in the biopharma industry
- Understanding of the role of IP in the drug development process and value of IP assets in biopharma business
- Experience with competitive analysis and third party actions (post grant proceedings, litigation)
- Project and/or personnel management experience
- Establish, build, and enforce IP assets (patents, trademarks, trade secrets, licenses) for assigned company programs
- Assist departmental management with formation and implementation of IP-related company policies, procedures, and guidelines
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.