Associate Director, Global Stakeholder Strategy and Insights - Hemophilia Gene TherapyLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
DIRECTOR, GLOBAL STAKEHOLDER STRATEGY & INSIGHTS (HEMOPHILIA A GENE THERAPY)
This key role within the BMN-270 commercial team is focused on driving pre-launch preparations for an innovative hemophilia A gene therapy, currently being evaluated in Ph III clinical trials. The ideal candidate will already have hemophilia experience, including a strong understanding of and respect for this empowered community of patients, patient advocates and dedicated health care providers. This individual will identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborate across the organization, and help develop and drive strategies to prepare for the successful launch of BMN-270, focused on stakeholder collaboration and insights.
This candidate will lead global, cross-functional coordination and mapping of stakeholder engagement strategies and helps ensure integration of crucial activities and perspectives. Facilitating a shared global view through strategic communications and close collaboration/coordination among all relevant internal stakeholders while supporting external engagement as helpful, this individual establishes a common understanding of opportunities and challenges or obstacles to delivering transformative therapies to patients.
- Be an Ambassador for and help define global cross-functional brand strategy for hemophilia
- Identify, engage and build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Build strong, collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders including Clinical Development and Operations, Commercial/Market Access, Medical Affairs, Government Affairs, Development Sciences Patient Advocacy, and Senior Leadership across the company.
- Provide strategic support and facilitate cross functional communication among key internal stakeholders who are primarily responsible for engaging external stakeholders such as Investigators, Physicians and Nurses, Patient and Community Advocates, Local, National and Global Patient Advocacy Organizations/ Medical Associations, to ensure coordination and codification of company learnings.
- Along with support from Information Management/Technology team, and with cross-functional input, identify ideal platform for codifying stakeholder perspectives across the organization to support optimal collaboration and engagement.
- Lead and facilitate regular stakeholder integration meetings, to capture cross-functional insights and facilitate proactive planning for future engagements
- Outside of integration meetings, maintain strong, open lines of regular communication across internal stakeholders, providing strategic guidance and a common understanding of the consolidated external stakeholder landscape at any point in time
- Provide strategic support for functions hosting Advisory Boards, Scientific Symposia and other community collaborations to ensure the optimal advisor mix and ensure learnings are organizationally optimized across functional areas
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of cross-program timelines and key external engagements for events such as congresses, patient advocacy engagement and advisory boards to optimize external engagement
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders in support of solution identification and launch planning
- Support existing Key Opinion Leader (KOL) engagement, in coordination and collaboration with leading regions and functions
- Passion for and genuine commitment to supporting hemophilia and/or rare disease communities
- 5 years relevant hemophilia leadership expertise, including a history of meaningful collaborations with patient advocacy groups and health care professionals
- Expertise at working collaboratively within cross-functional internal and external teams
- Expertise at developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships and partnerships
- Expertise in influencing without direct authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate to a broad range of diverse stakeholders
- Confident and influential presenter, adept at engaging senior leadership
- Strong analytical, problem solving and contingency planning skills
- Proactive and agile, able to work independently and as part of a high-functioning team
- Strong project management skills
- Strategic mindset, skilled in driving process efficiency/optimization
- Compassionate and empathetic thinker who genuinely considers other perspectives
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, +/- 25%+ time
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences; advanced degrees welcome
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.