Associate Director, Commercial CRM - Salesforce.comLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Associate Director Commercial CRM has the responsibility for the vision, design, development and support of BioMarin’s Global Commercial Salesforce.com platform. Using technical skills and business acumen, the Associate Director Commercial CRM will ensure reliable and accurate technical solutions are delivered to our partners by using in-depth knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture and best practices coupled with a deep understanding of BioMarin’s customers, business model, products, and territories.
This individual will be heavily involved in multiple Salesforce customizations and integrations supporting numerous global commercial and medical affairs teams. This person will work directly with key stakeholders in delivering business critical functionality as well as identifying process improvements, architecture changes, and quality assurance best practices. The role manages one Senior Salesforce.com Administrator as well as has management oversight of our Salesforce.com consulting partners and vendors.
- Partners with leadership (Sales, Marketing, Patient Services, Medical Affairs, Commercial Operations) and Global Sales Operations teams to define user business and system needs.
- Evaluates business challenges and effectively designs, estimates, proposes, recommends, and delivers solutions in the Salesforce.com ecosystem.
- Leads and supports Salesforce.com projects including management of third-party vendors / contractors.
- Effectively manages project scope, timelines, and keep the lights on activities for CRM function.
- Works directly with end users capturing and documenting user requirements for large and small projects, designing appropriate Salesforce.com solutions.
- Builds, tests and deploys projects, enhancements, and bug fixes in Salesforce.com.
- Responsible for architecture and optimization of the CRM platform.
- Collaborates closely with database team on a variety of inbound/outbound integrations.
- Provides end-user support and training.
- Develops reports/dashboards in Salesforce.com.
- Collaborates with all levels of personnel on various sales and services systems.
- Eight years of experience in building and supporting CRM systems, Business Intelligence applications and/or Case Management systems; prior experience supporting sales analytics systems is preferred.
- Five years of experience implementing, customizing and configuring Salesforce.com (or Veeva).
- People and vendor management experience.
- Proven experience with data modeling, flow charting, UI design and Agile.
- Experience building Lightning pages and leveraging AppExchange packages.
- Understanding of Visual Force Pages, Process Builders, Lightning Components, APEX, SOAP/REST/Bulk APIs, Third Party ETL and real-time integration tools, Salesforce Connect, etc…
- Comfortable with SQL; basic understanding of data warehousing principals and relational databases a plus.
- Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Driven and accountable self-starter, with ability to identify and communicate priorities, and work independently in a fast-paced industry at a rapidly growing organization.
- Thorough research, problem solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business acumen.
- Should have zeal towards delighting customers and continuous improvements.
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert in both business subject areas and application functionality on prior engagements.
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and present information and solutions in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner to all levels of management and staff.
- Experience transcribing business requirements, scoping, planning and delivering projects and technical documentation.
- Previous experience as an architect on multiple large-scale product or enterprise designs.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.