Associate Director, Achondroplasia HCP Lead, North America Brand ManagementLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Associate Director, Achondroplasia HCP Lead, North America Brand Management
BioMarin develops and commercializes innovative first in class or best in class products for life threatening and life limiting rare diseases. The North America Brand Management organization supports this corporate vision through developing and implementing brand strategy and tactics that drives growth while supporting the core BioMarin values of patient centricity, innovation, ethics, respect, accountability, and continuous learning.
The Associate Director, Achondroplasia HCP Lead, North America Brand Management will be responsible for leading overall HCP marketing and brand management for BioMarin’s Achondroplasia program.
The position is a unique opportunity to lead and develop innovative HCP initiatives to drive the success of the brand, including shaping the referral pathway for patients with achondroplasia and building a new prescriber base for BioMarin. This position requires a mix of strategic acumen, sensitivity and adaptability to a unique therapeutic area, a willingness to roll-up your sleeves, and an ability to mentor others.
This key role within the Achondroplasia North America Brand Team is focused on driving pre-launch and launch preparations for vosoritide, currently being evaluated in Ph III clinical trials. The position spans many areas including strategy and market development, commercial planning, and the creation and implementation of innovative brand tactics. The ideal candidate will have competitive launch experience and rare disease marketing experience, including a strong understanding of and respect for this empowered community of patients with achondroplasia, parents, patient advocates and dedicated health care providers. This individual will identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborate with commercial and cross-functional teams, and help develop and drive strategies and pull through tactics from start to finish to prepare for the successful launch of vosoritide.
This position serves as the North America Regional Specialist Lead for Achondroplasia HCP Brand Management. In alignment with the BioMarin Global and Regional Brand Management role expectations, this Regional Specialist Lead will be accountable for:
- Defining the regional HCP strategy and overseeing the execution of related initiatives in North America for Achondroplasia
- Ensuring the Achondroplasia HCP strategic and tactical plan is established and maintained
- Identifying, defining, and acting on initiatives to prepare the vosoritide HCP brand for launch
- Collaborating with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure input, insight and feedback is represented in strategies and operational plans
- Acting as the subject matter expert on Achondroplasia HCP related strategy in the region
- Collaborating effectively with cross functional global and regional team and stakeholders
- Collaboratively engage with NORAM community stakeholders including healthcare professionals, patient advocacy groups, and patients to ensure integration of their perspectives into all plans
- Lead market development and pre-launch projects including market development, brand development, message platform, disease awareness, HCP channel strategy, and other key projects as assigned
- Lead multi-specialty KOL identification, HCP speaker development, and conference strategy and management
- Lead HCP insight gathering initiatives including leading advisory boards and market research projects
- Develop NORAM commercial HCP strategies and tactics to support vosoritide launch plan and annual brand planning
- Develop and shape the referral pathway for patients with achondroplasia and build a new prescriber base for BioMarin
- Liaise with global and regional commercial, medical affairs and other functional colleagues to gain alignment on objectives, advance projects from inception to completion, and ensure pull-through
- Day-to-day agency interactions and management of key deliverables
- 1-2 direct reports as headcount becomes available
- Passion for and genuine commitment to supporting rare disease communities
- Sensitivity to unique issues surrounding the achondroplasia community
- Minimum 10+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech marketing experience; field experience a plus
- KOL development, HCP marketing, and market development experience required
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically
- Successful experience collaborating with and facilitating project teams including cross-functional communication and decision making, while ensuring strong stakeholder alignment
- Strong analytical problem solving and contingency planning skills
- Proactive and agile, able to work independently and as part of a high-functioning team
- Experience managing project budgets and timelines
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Confident and influential presenter, adept at engaging senior leadership
- Willingness to travel domestically, some internationally, +/- 25% time
- Previous experience in Genetics and Pediatric Endocrinology
- Rare disease pre-launch preparation and successful launch experience
- Previous experience leading/influencing cross-functional stakeholders (sales, medical, operations, etc)
- Experience marketing new technologies/MoAs and/or novel therapies
- History of meaningful collaborations with health care professionals
- Experience managing agencies including advertising, digital, and market research
Bachelor in Business, Arts or Science required
This job requires 25% travel (primarily domestic).
The Associate Director, Achondroplasia HCP Lead, North America Brand Management is corporate, located in San Rafael, and is part of the North America Brand Management Organization. This individual monitors budget and expenditures for HCP Marketing initiatives and reports findings to Director, Achondroplasia Marketing Lead, North America Brand Management.
Computer software; Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel & Powerpoint), Microsoft Outlook.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.