Administrative Assistant - LegalLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This Administrative Assistant position is responsible for maintaining appropriate electronic and paper filing systems and handling the signature process for all contracts. The Administrative Assistant also provides daily office support to attorneys and staff in a fast-paced, high volume legal department, and is frequently called on to assist employees across all business groups with contract-related matters. Job duties include evaluating company-wide purchase order requests to determine compliance with the company’s contract policy; making travel and meeting arrangements; managing calendars; preparing reports; and providing document assistance in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Legal’s document versioning system. The Administrative Assistant will also work closely with the Manager of Legal Systems, overseeing corporate content and ensuring compliance with the Company’s records management policy. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented and professional, and have excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Input information quickly and accurately into legal system databases.
- Timely complete final stage of contract process, including obtaining internal and external signatures, communicating appropriately with Business and outside vendors, updating and working in Legal’s contract management system, and filing executed contracts in Legal’s contract repository and paper filing systems.
- Organize and maintain Legal Department files (both electronic and paper), including Company contracts, SEC filings, litigation matters and corporate records.
- Serve as Legal Department Knowledge Manager, assisting attorneys and staff with the organization of Cloud-based and other systems’ content in compliance with the Company Records Management Policy.
- Support attorneys and Legal department in drafting/finalizing documents including work in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Organize and schedule department meetings and events, sending out invitations, ordering meals and making other arrangements as necessary.
- Draft and distribute correspondence using email, fax, and FedEx.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Book travel arrangements for Legal department attorneys.
- Manage calendars and schedule conference rooms and meetings for Legal department staff.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Handle internal and external requests and queries in a professional manner.
- Notarize documents as needed by business.
- Provide support for Legal on projects as needed, including the review and analysis of purchase order requests from business to determine whether and what type of contract is necessary pursuant to Company policy.
- Provide backup for other Administrative Assistant when s/he is on meal breaks or not working.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience providing administrative and clerical support, paralegal services, contracts administration, or other relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Strong computer skills in database management and documentation preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) are required.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail required.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Bachelor of Arts required.
- Notary Public Certificate highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.